That's pretty good value! Might have to get a pair I think

Old 24 August 2006, 18:26   #12
Sav

Boat name: Really Want One
Make: Maybe Ribcraft?
Length: 5m +
Engine: 140 at least
Some other things spring to mind.

6) What about tie down points. I note you can get ones which are flush with a flip up bit. Would you add lots, maybe 2 in bow, 4/6/8 behind seats to tie stuff down. I am thinking of getting an Aux as well and wouldn't want to carry it on the transom at speed, therefore tie down behind seats in a nice protected bag.

7) Does the fuel tank have baffles or chambers which prevent fuel sloshing about too much? Is this an issue with fuel full/half empty?

8) Am considering Garmin 298C Chartplotter/Fishfinder/Sounder using the CD bluecharts as I fancy planning on PC at home then load up with datacard to take to RIB and flush mounted GPS. Anyone use this combo?

Sav

Old 24 August 2006, 19:12   #13
DJL

Make: Ribcraft 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF175TG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M
Is it possible to buy the wing backrests on their own? I really fancy the look of them for my 4.8. Its funny; I received the Ribcraft brochure in the post this morning but there's no mention of a price for them on their own. Anyone know how much?
I believe they were listed as 125 + VAT each, but thats the upgrade price on top of a jockey seat which includes the normal backrest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyit
sweet lookin boat there danny boy!
Cheers Olly

7) Does the fuel tank have baffles or chambers which prevent fuel sloshing about too much? Is this an issue with fuel full/half empty?

As far as I remember it does. I've never had any problems with fuel even when running fairly empty in rough conditions.

8) Am considering Garmin 298C Chartplotter/Fishfinder/Sounder using the CD bluecharts as I fancy planning on PC at home then load up with datacard to take to RIB and flush mounted GPS. Anyone use this combo?

I do the same, although not with the 298C. Saves a lot of time inputing data into the GPS once you get to the boat. It's also quite nice to be able to take your track data home so you can see where you've been, distanace of each leg, max speed etc. Its also handy for loading software updates.
Old 26 August 2006, 01:38   #14
Sav

Boat name: Really Want One
Make: Maybe Ribcraft?
Length: 5m +
Engine: 140 at least
Thanks for all the advice guys. I am really looking forward to the boat show and hopefully ordering a RIB.

Sav