Old 05 March 2005, 08:50   #31

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Looking like May now - better not be any later or I will have someone's balls on a plate!!!

Hope to post some pics soon!!!
That's disappointing that it's slipped again!!! Back in October last year you were expecting December delivery...

Quote:
Just look at that weather - looks like my Rib will be ready in December - anyone know of any ice breaking attachements????

Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 March 2005, 11:41   #32

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Tell me about it but to be fair I didn't see much point in rushing things at this time of year - I haven't specified ice breaking bows!!!

Old 05 March 2005, 11:49   #33

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Quote:
I haven't specified ice breaking bows!!!
That was wise - there's isn't any ice around to break!!!

So, how's the build progressing, is the Suzi hung on the transom yet? And I'm interested in the removeable seats you specified - how are they coming along?
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 March 2005, 12:03   #34

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Engine and transom jack not yet fitted - seat are sorted - 2 removable singles at the front - 2 fixed singles at the console - 2 removable 2 man seats midships and a fixed 3 seat bench at the rear. There is also a suicide seat on the front of the console. When the middle seats are removed a table can be slotted into place instead.
Old 05 March 2005, 12:29   #35

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Quote:
Engine and transom jack not yet fitted - seat are sorted - 2 removable singles at the front - 2 fixed singles at the console - 2 removable 2 man seats midships and a fixed 3 seat bench at the rear. There is also a suicide seat on the front of the console. When the middle seats are removed a table can be slotted into place instead.
Have you got the table sorted? If not I may be able to help as I stock a lot of tables!
Nick
Old 08 March 2005, 09:10   #36

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Engine: 250hp HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7
So you consider a deep V essential, why?Personally I would choose a warped V hull as the best compromise. Amazingly I find myself agreeing with John fuller for once
Most Seaworthy Hull?

Pete
i am by no means an expert but in my limited experience i have found that warped hulls are not the best seaboats. i think petes right it is a comprimise. Most warped vs have a flatter planing area than a deep v (for eg 20 degree deadrise at the transom) and the hull jf mentions was primarily designed for efficiency i believe over sea keeping. The fine front end obviously offers a great cutting surface. its also worth remembering that a slower planing speed will help maintain momentum in big seas...

I think imho that warped hulls are better suited to larger or heavier craft that spend more time in the water, here they can excel as the flatter aft section increases efficiency over a constant deep v and the front bit does a great slice job and keeps the nose planted.. however smaller and lighter boats can with enthusiastic driving leave the water more. A constant deep v has a larger wetted area therefore more cushioning on re entry with a deeper v in the area a boat lands on most..

A ride down the solent for a spot of wave jumping resulted in a rather painfull wedding tackle slap in a warped v i will never forget!!!

p.s. im ready for mr fullers firing squad
Old 08 March 2005, 09:21   #37

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtflash
i am by no means an expert but in my limited experience i have found that warped hulls are not the best seaboats. i think petes right it is a comprimise. Most warped vs have a flatter planing area than a deep v (for eg 20 degree deadrise at the transom) and the hull jf mentions was primarily designed for efficiency i believe over sea keeping. The fine front end obviously offers a great cutting surface. its also worth remembering that a slower planing speed will help maintain momentum in big seas...

I think imho that warped hulls are better suited to larger or heavier craft that spend more time in the water, here they can excel as the flatter aft section increases efficiency over a constant deep v and the front bit does a great slice job and keeps the nose planted.. however smaller and lighter boats can with enthusiastic driving leave the water more. A constant deep v has a larger wetted area therefore more cushioning on re entry with a deeper v in the area a boat lands on most..

A ride down the solent for a spot of wave jumping resulted in a rather painfull wedding tackle slap in a warped v i will never forget!!!

p.s. im ready for mr fullers firing squad
I got one of them warped V hulls, it works well for me
Nick
Old 12 March 2005, 17:22   #38

Town: Massachusetts
Boat name: Tibs
Make: RIBCRAFT
Engine: 150 HP O/B 4 stroke
I would have to recommend a RIBCRAFT 7.8. Incredibly solid hull and extremely seaworthy ride. I've been on both the UK and US built 7.8. Very impressive!