Click Here to Login

Old 11 October 2012, 21:18   #21

Town: Northumberland
Boat name: Northern Storm
Make: North Diver?
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 90 Autolube
MMSI: 235096344
The guy I bought it off had it listed on eBay & sold it only for the lad to not pay after a week, claimed he no longer wanted it. It was then listed on gumtree when I phoned to make enquiry it was in same village as my parents & only 15mins away. Viewed , saw potential scored a bargin but I'm adding bits & bobs, desperate to get new console / jockey seats
Old 12 October 2012, 06:46   #22

Town: liverpool
Make: tohatsu6.1 one desig
Length: 6m +
Engine: mariner 125hp
I made some jockey seats for the back of my tornado 3yrs ago.a ply box painted orange a lenght of 22mm stainless tube bent with conduate bender .bit of foam from old suite covered in black viynal from ebay for seat and back rest.still looks ok and has worked well the whole thing cost less than £130
Old 12 October 2012, 07:05   #23

Thats a good way to buy a rib .ive bought my last 2ribs from ebay after they have finished and made a offer direct to seller my last one i got for a grand less than ebay reserve.i think he wanted to get rid so he didnt have to store over winter sometimes its worth being cheeky.have you not been out in it yet.i was going to wait till next summet to try mine .lasted 36hours!!!!!!!!
Old 12 October 2012, 09:31   #24

Town: Northumberland
Boat name: Northern Storm
Make: North Diver?
Engine: Yamaha 90 Autolube
MMSI: 235096344
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon23 View Post
Thats a good way to buy a rib .ive bought my last 2ribs from ebay after they have finished and made a offer direct to seller my last one i got for a grand less than ebay reserve.i think he wanted to get rid so he didnt have to store over winter sometimes its worth being cheeky.have you not been out in it yet.i was going to wait till next summet to try mine .lasted 36hours!!!!!!!!
Just getting basics finished off, new working vhf, nav lights set up, safety gear etc, will get it out this month for sure but but take it along to rnli station were im trainee crew & launch with the d class so if engine has problems ive got tow home, The rib sold on ebay for £3500 i paid a grand less
Old 12 October 2012, 13:31   #25

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
On a sib it's more important to have all tubes and keel well inflated to it's factory recommended pressures once on water to have needed rigidity to perform as expected, on a rib it's less important as the hull is the part that floats, on deep V hulls, tubes barely touches water so 2.5-3.0 psi will be suficient.

Happy Boating
Old 15 October 2012, 21:07   #26

Enyoy your sea trails hope you dont need the tow
Old 18 October 2012, 12:30   #27
RIBnet supporter

Town: MALTA
Engine: Mercury 115 EFI 4S
Halkey Roberts Compressor Attachment

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukewhiting View Post
Its a valve from a car tyre & just has a little electrical tape wrapped around the end to pad it out. It works perfect for me but depends what size your valves are
I checked them out seems I have Halkey Roberts valves. I don't have any experience with them but I am even more confused how I can use an air compressor with those, save me having to buy an electric inflation pump for £200

Due to the dimensions of my garage I am going to have to deflate and inflate the tubes each time I want to come in and out of the garage so I def need some way other than manual.