What engine for ribcraft 6.8 (again)
I ordered a 6.8 Ribcraft back in July last year (had good advice on this forum). Due to all kind of problems (on sellers side) delivery was postponed time by time. Initially a 175 Suzi was fitted in the deal we made (1st down payment made in that time as well). Because the boat was still not delivered at the end of October and season was ending I asked them to delivery the boat and engine at the beginning of the new season (both in 2011 spec. /year of man.). I changed the engine size to 225 HP (at significant costs) as well. For this I gave them a signed order. A couple of weeks after I got a replay it would take 4 months lead time for the 225 HP Suzi to order as it was not available in the UK. I answered them it was no problem for me to wait. Now 4 months later they tell me they didnít receive the reaction that I accept the 4- months lead time!!! And offer me a 175 HP engine instead. If I want the 225 HP Suzi I have to wait another 4 months.
What to do now?
1) Look at another brand for the 225 HP engine;
2) Go for the 250 HP (same engine as 225 HP);
3) Go back to 175 HP;
4) Or...... end contact with Ribcraft (ask my money back) and look for somthing else.
By the way I do not understand the 225 HP engine is in Suzukiís UKís list if they donít sell this engine in the UK (at least Ribcraft is telling me this).