Hey all. How do you guys get access to weather when away from home for a few days or more (around UK, staying in B&B or campiste).
I am aware of the met office WeBsite with excellent Inshore Waters info and the 5 day surface pressure charts + buoy weathers etc, etc, BUT that is only OK from home and the comforts of a PC
What options are there on the move?
I have tried marinecall to text a mobile but the info is a bit limited (around 12 hrs max forecast with no info on sea states).
Other options I have considered:
1) Pop into a local marina and ask (but won't always launch near one).
2) Phone a hideously expensive weatherline or cheekily phone a marina and ask.
3) Buy a super expensive rugged waterproof, G Shock resistant laptop, take on rib and connect to internet via a mobile signal
4) Try one of those PDA things (not sure if they can access Weather internet sites).
5) Buy a NAVTEX (perhaps not really suitable for Rib)
6) Wet finger, stick in air, say "mmmm, well then" ......... and press on regardless
Thoughts much appreciated