Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 05 July 2006, 14:43   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Oldham
Boat name: Aqua Vitae
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 75hp
MMSI: 235115057
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC
Plenty in stock - go on support another RibNet member!

Also have the yellow ones that Polwart suggested: here

Also stock the Bynolyt SearRangers as used by RNLI.

Whatever you get, I strongly recommend you get a float strap if there's not one included in the box.

Mike
Ok Mike, does this mean that you might sell a float strap separately, as your website says that you only sell it with a pair of bins!

I've seen something similar for handheld VHF as well, do you stock them?

Tim
__________________

__________________
Northern Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 July 2006, 15:59   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: York
Boat name: Hi Flyer
Make: Humber - Ocean Pro
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 140hp
MMSI: 235033234
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 89
Which Binoculars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC
Also stock the Bynolyt SearRangers as used by RNLI.

Whatever you get, I strongly recommend you get a float strap if there's not one included in the box.

Mike
Go along with that. Bynolyt SeaRanger. Nice bright image, inbuilt compass, rangerfinder (probably will never use this bit), waterproof, rubber armoured & plastic caps for both ends. Mine came with a float strap.
__________________

__________________
Jeff Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 July 2006, 17:52   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Exmouth, Devon
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Tim
Ok Mike, does this mean that you might sell a float strap separately, as your website says that you only sell it with a pair of bins!

I've seen something similar for handheld VHF as well, do you stock them?

Tim
Tim,

Generally don't sell the Steiner straps separately but can do. There's 2 types - one is a standard loop through and the other is a clic-loc plug-in thingy.

I do have a couple of non-Steiner ones knocking around - drop me a line if you need one for a modest sum!

Mike
__________________
www.allgadgets.co.uk
Tel 01395 227727
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 July 2006, 11:31   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cambridge
Boat name: DIZZY
Make: Aphrodite 101
Length: 5m +
Engine: Nanni
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC
Tim,

Generally don't sell the Steiner straps separately but can do. There's 2 types - one is a standard loop through and the other is a clic-loc plug-in thingy.

I do have a couple of non-Steiner ones knocking around - drop me a line if you need one for a modest sum!

Mike
Mike

I could do with a flotation strap for my Steiner 111 if you are OK to sell me one please?

John
__________________
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 July 2006, 02:45   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 33
I bought a pair of Plastimo 7x50 self-focusing binoculars and I can honestly say they are fantastic. You see them around in chandlers, boat-shows, websites and they are incredible value at around 30. Sounds too good to be true but they are amazingly good. Rubberised construction so very tough. I find the self-focusing feature really handy. It means that subjects closer than around 30m can be a bit out of focus but binoculars are generally used for a lot longer distances than that. Really excellent product. I bought a padded case for mine for 5 from a binocular stand at an agricultural show.
__________________

__________________
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.