Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 15 November 2007, 14:03   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
you'll wear your fingers out if your'e not careful Matt!

Those pasionate about the lifeboats may find this thread of interest

http://boatmad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9794
__________________

__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2007, 14:07   #12
Member
 
Matt-V-SAR's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Venturer Rescue One
Make: Ocean Dynamics
Length: 9m +
Engine: 400 hp Iveco NEF
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
you'll wear your fingers out if your'e not careful Matt!

Those pasionate about the lifeboats may find this thread of interest

http://boatmad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9794
my figers are made of old boat hooks for extra arrggghhh lol, i know i write to much, my old school teachers used to look over my shoulder and say "for the love of god stop writing, i am the one who has to read it all!!!"

as for the link, great idea.... always nice to see people coming up with fund raising initiatives.!!
__________________

__________________
Matt

Matt-V-SAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2007, 04:53   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes
Boat name: Tabby Cat
Make: Halmatic
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x Yamaha 115
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 388
Matt

Thankyou for that. This inceident certainly did not happen in the last 3 years since I have been on the boat. I find it hard to believe we would of put the boat up leap beach, breaking both legs. Being a rescue service you will appreciate that life will always be put before vessel. I cannot speak for this event, but if hypothermia had set in then the casualties would of been taken back to Cowes, then the vessel recovered later, or by requesting Solent Coastguard to task Calshot Lifeboat. Legs over the side of boat. You have seen our boat and cannot really understand why this would be.

In respect of us not releasing the tow to you, this would be because we would of been under direct instructions to Coastguard, and they would have to authorise us to release a tow.

I note what you say about one crew member entering the water to swim the baot out. This is absurd, have you ever tried doing this with a 9m boat weighing 3 tonnes.

I think that perhaps before you start casting accusations that you have the full story.
__________________
Simon Hawkins
http://www.rnli.org.uk/cowes
Simon Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2007, 05:02   #14
Member
 
Matt-V-SAR's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Venturer Rescue One
Make: Ocean Dynamics
Length: 9m +
Engine: 400 hp Iveco NEF
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hawkins View Post
Matt

Thankyou for that. This inceident certainly did not happen in the last 3 years since I have been on the boat. I find it hard to believe we would of put the boat up leap beach, breaking both legs. Being a rescue service you will appreciate that life will always be put before vessel. I cannot speak for this event, but if hypothermia had set in then the casualties would of been taken back to Cowes, then the vessel recovered later, or by requesting Solent Coastguard to task Calshot Lifeboat. Legs over the side of boat. You have seen our boat and cannot really understand why this would be.

In respect of us not releasing the tow to you, this would be because we would of been under direct instructions to Coastguard, and they would have to authorise us to release a tow.

I note what you say about one crew member entering the water to swim the baot out. This is absurd, have you ever tried doing this with a 9m boat weighing 3 tonnes.

I think that perhaps before you start casting accusations that you have the full story.
Simon,

Sorry i wasnt to clear, this is information from my Senior Executive and the incident he speaks of was a number of years ago, i expect when you had the old searider, it was certinaly not when you had the Barbarian,

My understanding is that coastguard had excepted our help with either casualties or boat.

Anyway, its in the past and in the last 5 years i have a been a Venturer i am more than happy to say i see you as a highly trained, well motivated team with a nice boat and good quality training.

I would like to meet with you afloat next season and work to gether in some sort of training excersise, i think this is the way forward in working together and understanding on another... what do ya say?

All the best for your service, i will say i again, i have full respect for you and your crews.

Matt
__________________
Matt

Matt-V-SAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2007, 05:34   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes
Boat name: Tabby Cat
Make: Halmatic
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x Yamaha 115
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 388
Matt

If you are talking about the searider, this was about 15 years ago. With regards to you doing some training with us, this would not be a problem. May I suggest you email me and suggest suitable times. simon@cowesinshorelifeboat.org.uk

Simon
__________________
Simon Hawkins
http://www.rnli.org.uk/cowes
Simon Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2007, 05:42   #16
Member
 
Matt-V-SAR's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Venturer Rescue One
Make: Ocean Dynamics
Length: 9m +
Engine: 400 hp Iveco NEF
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hawkins View Post
Matt

If you are talking about the searider, this was about 15 years ago. With regards to you doing some training with us, this would not be a problem. May I suggest you email me and suggest suitable times. simon@cowesinshorelifeboat.org.uk

Simon
Yes about 15 years ago would proberly be correct, as i said info from our Hon exec and he formed it in 1961 , so could be right when you first started..

I will email you in the following weeks regarding an excersise, but we have finished our season this year, so it will have to be next year.

I want to get to know and work with Indies, i have been starting slowly to since i became the Senior Cox in early 2006.

Matt
__________________
Matt

Matt-V-SAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2007, 06:49   #17
exspyrd trayd membir
 
The Garfish's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: inn wiliks hed
Make: Redbay 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Twin Etec 90hp
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-V-SAR View Post
I have every admiration for you and your unit Simon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hawkins View Post
I agree the venturers is a good organistaion
downt yew jus luvv itt wen peepul arr orl luvvy duvvy jus beefor thay slyde de nife inn




Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hawkins View Post
However a side of Caution must be made in respect of their mental attitude when it comes to more serious casualties, such as bodies like we had to deal with last Friday morning.
too troo mait. yew carnt beet a loyer wen itts cums too pikkin owver a corps

gaRf
__________________
luk arfter numbir wan, downt stepp inn numbir too
The Garfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2007, 14:19   #18
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
Apologies to all!

Sometimes ones sense of humour can go to far! when I wrote this I thought it was funny, but I had been on the rum! I still think it's funny but in very bad taste and somewhat vituperative.

I have asked for the post to be removed!
__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2007, 14:27   #19
Member
 
Matt-V-SAR's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Venturer Rescue One
Make: Ocean Dynamics
Length: 9m +
Engine: 400 hp Iveco NEF
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
Sometimes ones sense of humour can go to far! when I wrote this I thought it was funny, but I had been on the rum! I still think it's funny but in very bad taste and somewhat vituperative.

I have asked for the post to be removed!
You have lost me lol

What did you post that was offensive??

may just be me...
__________________
Matt

Matt-V-SAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2007, 15:06   #20
DM
RIBnet supporter
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Little Wing
Make: Searider 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Tohatsu 90
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
but I had been on the rum!
There's no need for you to apologise for the post because you didn't post it but you do need to apologise for leaving yourself logged in when you have guests.

You also need to apologise for drinking so much rum that you can't remember what you post.

p.s. It was Jon Fuller.
DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Rope | Top | wooden ribs »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.