hi again oli
tips on v520, im not sure houw useful but here goes in no particular order.
1. be careful with fuel filler cap, mine is the flush type that pops up then u screw it out. last owner was a bit rough with it and now it comes apart which is a pain.
2. good bow locker in boat for anchour and chain and i think the xtra weigt here helps as i have a heavy mariner 80 hp on back.
3. be careful drilling any holes in deck for fixtures as the tank sits quite close to underside of deck.
4. narrow beam is good for towing and storage but there isnt much room on transom for an aux motor.
5. my boat planes very quickly and stays on plane with little effort which is good for my leasurely pace.
6. i fitted a couple of rod holders on the base of the vertical uprights on A frame. these are just bits of plactic pipe tied on with cable ties. not as nice as the real macoy but cheap.
7. i find it a pain in butt when water gets in boat and slaps about in deck. it doesnt make it into the bilge and its awkward to remove drain bungs when on move. i intend to fit elephant trunks.
8. my fuel line runs under the deck and thru the bilge before rising up again to engine. i split the line in the bilge and fitted a water seperator there attached to transom. its out of the way and wont get damaged in there.
9. also managed to fit a male fuel line connector on the spare feed on the filter this allows me to quickly attach a standby 12l fuel tank should i run out or have any probs with the main tank. spare tank fits nicely under seat.
10. btw just in case u need them, there are two valves fitted on fuel line. one in the bilge and one on the tank located under the hatch between seat and console.
11. be care with fuel guage if u have one, its not great at reading tank as the boat needs to be level. most of the time my boat sits high at bow and guage reads full. you will have to get a feel for yours and judge.
hope these help let me know how u get on and u can give me tips.