Town: Trogir
Boat name: Valinat 760 Sport
Make: Valinat
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda BF250
Valiant 760 Sport

I need help with engine hight.
First Boa tis equiped with Honda BF250.
When I ordered Boat i bought engine with leg lenght XL. When I instaled it it was to short. Antivegetation plate was higher than keel(I didn't try boat in water becouse I couldn't return it ifI try). Also Honda dealer said that it is to short leg for this boat and gave me another engine with xxl leg and I install this engine somewhere in middle high. When I tryed it spayed to much water on engine hood and tubes. I raised engine one hole up and now it is better but if I want to raise it more up I need extra screw holes so I decide to wait october to do it. Also another problem is that boat front is to low when I drive 30Mph(it grabs to much water and consuming much more fuel). I try to trim engine up but it doesn't help. When Boat is empty all is ok but when I have people on board then No. Fuel tank is forward orineted, not totally in front but middle to front part. If I raise engine up will it help with this problem.
Old 03 October 2016, 19:04   #2

Town: Malta
Boat name: DeltaBay
Make: DeltaBay
Length: 5m +
Engine: IHonda BF90D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spekny View Post
I need help with engine hight.
First Boa tis equiped with Honda BF250.
When I ordered Boat i bought engine with leg lenght XL. When I instaled it it was to short. Antivegetation plate was higher than keel(I didn't try boat in water becouse I couldn't return it ifI try). Also Honda dealer said that it is to short leg for this boat and gave me another engine with xxl leg and I install this engine somewhere in middle high. When I tryed it spayed to much water on engine hood and tubes. I raised engine one hole up and now it is better but if I want to raise it more up I need extra screw holes so I decide to wait october to do it. Also another problem is that boat front is to low when I drive 30Mph(it grabs to much water and consuming much more fuel). I try to trim engine up but it doesn't help. When Boat is empty all is ok but when I have people on board then No. Fuel tank is forward orineted, not totally in front but middle to front part. If I raise engine up will it help with this problem.
i had a similar problem and i installed a manual jack plate and solved the problem i have 4inc to play with up and down
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160227_110547.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	116457