Old 03 March 2018, 21:48   #21

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp HO
I’d probably put a new tank in also. In the console could work too, if you have enough space to satisfy your range.

I agree with tango. If you don’t install new tank under deck, the space will collect water. Equally if you have a drain aft in that locker into the bilge well, if you were to tank on water it could flow back into that very large area.

I wouldn’t think you would need any extra stringers, and I don’t think foaming a tank in, is the best way anymore. If you fit new tank look at other options of fitment
Old 03 March 2018, 23:12   #22

Town: Jersey
Boat name: Jazcabel
Make: Ballistic
Length: 7m +
Engine: Petrol 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtflash View Post
I’d probably put a new tank in also. In the console could work too, if you have enough space to satisfy your range.

I agree with tango. If you don’t install new tank under deck, the space will collect water. Equally if you have a drain aft in that locker into the bilge well, if you were to tank on water it could flow back into that very large area.

I wouldn’t think you would need any extra stringers, and I don’t think foaming a tank in, is the best way anymore. If you fit new tank look at other options of fitment
Thanks GtFlash,

My plan is to put a drain hole in the space to drain to the bilge area, be it with a screw in drain bung to prevent back filling if the bilge gets swamped. Tbh I can’t go the horrible saga of ripping the deck up again if I get a tank issue.

I’m probably gonna fit a 120/140l tank in the console which will suit me just fine. The 300l that was in there was way to big but was from standard as it was a coded boat.

Thanks for the advice though. Appreciated