Closed Thread

Old 24 April 2004, 21:15   #1

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Wait untill I'll show you this thing I got from SA You never seen anything like it/ It cleans everything on anything 100% guranteed have tested it and costs about £1 a ltr
Old 24 April 2004, 22:20   #2

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
Whats it called, and can one get it in this country?
Old 25 April 2004, 11:43   #3

Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Is called Toluene and unfortunately you cannot find it anywhere in Europe. I am bringing in 30 ltrs in total to Greece for my use realy. 5ltrs with the first container and 15 ltrs with every other container.
I think this will last for 5 years at which point will have to change the boats and buy some more from SA again.
But have seen it at work and is great staff, just spray it on any surface with any type of dirt on being dust to tar to paint to anything (even on a 25 year old inflatable that was just left out in the open) and just wipe it off and PRONTO is clean
Old 25 April 2004, 12:12   #4
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
I can only hope that this is your strange idea of a joke. Have a read about Toluene and find out why it's hard to buy!

Toluene may affect the nervous system. Low to moderate levles can cause tiredness, confusion, weakness, drunken-type actions, memory loss, nausea, loss of appetite, and hearing and color vision loss. These symptoms usually disappear when exposure is stopped.

Inhaling High levels of toluene in a short time can make you feel light-headed, dizzy, or sleepy. It can also cause unconsciousness, and even death.

High levels of toluene may affect your kidneys.

It's not a clever choice of cleaning product.

John
Old 25 April 2004, 13:03   #5

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos
Is called Toluene and unfortunately you cannot find it anywhere in Europe. I am bringing in 30 ltrs in total to Greece for my use realy. 5ltrs with the first container and 15 ltrs with every other container.
I think this will last for 5 years at which point will have to change the boats and buy some more from SA again.
But have seen it at work and is great staff, just spray it on any surface with any type of dirt on being dust to tar to paint to anything (even on a 25 year old inflatable that was just left out in the open) and just wipe it off and PRONTO is clean

Yet more stunning advice from Manos then...

Following who needs trailer brakes we have how to get the cleanest RIB in europe whilst courting death.
Old 25 April 2004, 13:10   #6

Well you learn something new everyday and thought that there something wrong with me

Seriously though JK this product is used quite a bit in SA. I only have 5 ltrs delivered so will see how it does, I not good will cancel the rest. But I think that if you use it in a well ventilated space (i.e. outside) probably is not that bad. Thanks for the info

Alan are you jealous for any reason that I/we should be aware of? I never said that you should buy it. I am using it so what's your problem Sad case??

And yes still think that when I tow 1.5tonnes with my 4x4 I don't need brakes on my trailer. I suppose I'm a better driver than you
Old 25 April 2004, 13:25   #7

Town: Bristol
Make: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos
I only have 5 ltrs delivered so will see how it does,
In spite of the warnings and evidence that this product is dangerous and poses a threat to the health of people you are going to clean your shiny new rib hire fleet with it

Can see the newspaper headline now:

'Holiday maker killed by rib'

This may be OTT but newspapers do sensationalize things.

Martin
Old 25 April 2004, 13:42   #8

Town: Newfoundland
"Well you see your honour, I'd been cleaning my RIB with Tolulene. I then proceeeded to get into my 4x4 and tow my 1.5 tonne boat on its unbraked trailer along the road. I started to feel a bit dizzy and I can't remember what happened next!

Still this greek bloke who posts on the internet said it was OK "

Probably am a sad case, and I'm sure you're a wonderful chap in person Manos and I look forward to buying you a beer sometime. But you do see how you can come over from time to time don't you
Old 25 April 2004, 14:24   #9

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
"...and I can't remember what happened next!...
Probably what happened next was skidding out of control approaching the driveway of that same Greek chap who had been adding diesel to the water to wash down his car and boat!

Sorry Manos, but I'll also buy you a beer next time I see you

(As long as you're still alive after using that Toluene!)
Old 25 April 2004, 14:28   #10

Well whatever Alan and ms Alan you have managed to enter my ignore list
Richard is OK beer is acceptable
Any way you know that I take no notice of these virtual people such as Alan
Now my reputation is gone to red which is better than green I recon and I have 1 point!!! I'm sooooooo GOOD!!
Closed Thread