Old 28 June 2011, 08:49   #11

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
I missed the start of a dinghy race one evening when I discovered some theiving <ahem> had borrowed my rudder & centreboard.

Having almost given up & gone to the bar I looked under the other lasers' covers that weren't out that night. Yep, they had been borrowed, but not put back. I askled the club committee bods to have a polite word in their ear & "Le Mans started" 10 minutes down.....

Where this story is going is have any of your neighbours at the marina taken their boats on holiday? If there is a boat & trailer missing and your cover was replaced the way you left it that may explain security not noticing......

Old 28 June 2011, 10:45   #12

Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9D280
I missed the start of a dinghy race one evening when I discovered some theiving <ahem> had borrowed my rudder & centreboard.

Having almost given up & gone to the bar I looked under the other lasers' covers that weren't out that night. Yep, they had been borrowed, but not put back. I askled the club committee bods to have a polite word in their ear & "Le Mans started" 10 minutes down.....

Where this story is going is have any of your neighbours at the marina taken their boats on holiday? If there is a boat & trailer missing and your cover was replaced the way you left it that may explain security not noticing......
I thought that too, sounds certain that it's somebody within the Marina who knew it was there, perhaps borrowing it. The local rag would have took it and left the cover off

Worth asking if anybody else has lost anything. If not I very much doubt it was anybody outside as it's hardly worth taking is it, I'd have thought they'd have kept looking in others until something better came up ? If others have lost stuff too then it's at the next boat jumble!

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007