Old 24 June 2015, 01:40   #1

Town: miami
Length: 6m +
texture Hypalon

Hello , I am looking to find what kind of fabric is use to reinforced the upper part of the tubes and to protect them, I have see it in the police inflatables , Excuse my ignorance, but I can see to find the light where to purchase this on the united estates, some body toll me that is texture hypalon or EPDM, the true is that I can't find the place where I can purchase the material or a place to do this work, I have a 20 Feet HBI Regards, Reinier
Old 24 June 2015, 13:29   #2

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiscuba View Post
Hello , I am looking to find what kind of fabric is use to reinforced the upper part of the tubes and to protect them, I have see it in the police inflatables , Excuse my ignorance, but I can see to find the light where to purchase this on the united estates, some body toll me that is texture hypalon or EPDM, the true is that I can't find the place where I can purchase the material or a place to do this work, I have a 20 Feet HBI Regards, Reinier
Achilles and Pennel & Flipo are the two dominant forces in synthetic fabric manufacturing for marine applications. You can purchase material from them in a variety of colors, textures, decitex, and thickness.

Both have U.S. offices. However, they will probably not sell to an end consumer.

Also, CSM / Hypalon material is VERY expensive in small quantities...$100-$200 per linear meter.
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2015, 14:00   #3

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
For hypalon material, try NRS (nrsweb.com); for sheet EPDM you can try Mcmaster Carr (mcmaster.com).

You can get the appropriate glue from NRS as well (assuming you know your boats material.)

jky