SR4. Thinking of selling
I bought this RIB last year as a project and as the kids are either off to University or in the middle of A levels, it is not going to get much use.
To give you an idea of the standard, here is a list of the work carried out.
The engine has done very few hours and remains as good as new.
I would really appreciate advice from this forum regarding what it's worth or perhaps, more to the point, what I should advertise it at.
- stripped boat out completely
- removed engine and A frame
- permanently removed bow dodger and windscreen
- minor deck and hull repairs carried out
- acid cleaned and compounded deck and hull
- re-enforced new jockey console with GRP and ply and fitted hatches, handles,
Manufactured and install new battery tray; forward console compartment.
- flowcoated new jockey console to match deck gelcoat
- manufactured and fitted new console windscreen
- built rear bench seat with GRP covered ply and original seat base; flowcoated to match
- designed and installed new electrical system
- installed nav lights, bilge pump, compass, GPS and VHF
- minor cosmetic repairs to tubes (no repair patches) carried out
- fitted wear patches and anchor fairlead to bow section plus 2 extra tube grab handles
- installed console and bench seat
- re-installed engine with brand new steering system and control cables
- re-installed A frame
- installed new jockey and bench seat upholstery
- stripped trailer and treated with anti-rust compound, sprayed with 3 coats of primer and
3 coats of hammerite. Treat under axle with underseal
- replaced both trailer mud guards, wheels, bearings, winch and lighting board
- serviced engine
- sent prop away for refurbishment and refitted.