Old 16 August 2002, 08:33   #1
TIM

Town: Dublin
Boat name: WIZARD
Make: REDBAY 7.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: OPTI 225
slow 6.5 hysucat????

My 6.5 Hysucat is only doing 35k with 2x 75 fichts with 17" ss props at 5000 rpm, trimed to the boats correct level, but when I trim up it revs to 5400rpm, but the boat is like a rocking horse in a rave club. With 0 improvement in speed, the boat needs to be trimed level for the foil to work properly. Do I need an engine lift ????

Can anyone give info on transom/engine jacks, is there much of an inprovement in speed???which are better manual or electric???
how much??? and any experances with them.

If anyone has anyother suggestions, please help
Old 16 August 2002, 15:18   #2

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Hello Tim
I am very familiar with the Hysucat as I owned the first one in the UK, fantastic bit of kit! First things first, with the engines you have this RIB should literally be flying! I was achieving those sorts of speeds and more, with a twin Yam 50HP 4strokes. Tell me, who rigged your boat and are you able to post some pictures taken from the back? Bear in mind, any engine will rev higher when you trim it up as it starts slipping closer to the surface. The foils should start 'doing their thing' at about 6 knots and it is true to trim the boat quite flat. There are static foils angled under the insides of both hulls aft, these act together with the foil which is midships to keep it running flat. Engine angle and the way it hangs off the transom is imperative to have correctly set-up. I will endeavour to help you as much as I can, but require pictures or sketches depicting how it is set-up.
Did you buy it new or 2nd hand?
Old 16 August 2002, 15:28   #3

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Clarification picture

Also, check out the video at this site: http://www.hysucatusa.com/index.html