Old 22 April 2004, 03:51   #31

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Robbie and the obvius question will be 'the price of the boat ex engines in Brazil is ..........?' Can't seem to remember if you told us or not.

Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2004, 04:17   #32

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
If the boat is being imported into Italy it should be CE marked and therefore be ok for the rest of Europe.

Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2004, 04:28   #33
tue

Town: Paignton, Devon
Make: Chinook and Viking
Length: 7m +
Engine: 150 Etec + 125 Merc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie D
The boat here holds 14 divers w/ 28 cylinders and goes out full, rain or shine, once a day if not twice year round.".
28 Aluminium cylinders weighs alot less than 28 steel 12 or 15ltr cylinders with pony bottles attached or 14 twinsets and stage cylinders.
Old 22 April 2004, 10:08   #34

Town: Rio de Janeiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos
Robbie and the obvius question will be 'the price of the boat ex engines in Brazil is ..........?' Can't seem to remember if you told us or not.
I'm paying around $26,500 USD for mine, no motors and no electronics. Engine and accessories mounting is included in this price, so just the hull for export might end up cheaper. The dive version should be around the same I'd imagine. 1 pound sterling = about 1.82 USD these days, but don't quote me.
Side note... I just talked an owner who mounted a pair of Opti 250's on his (luxury version) and he's getting 78 mph WOT with incorrect props! Flexboat's story to me after the guy left was that they did it intentionally because the owner seems to be a speed freak and not a very experienced driver. Did they do the right thing? You make the call...
Old 22 April 2004, 10:24   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene
What is wrong with PADI ??
I know it's not the SEAL's training program, but is this not the point of PADI ?

Rene
LOL no offense meant Rene! It's just that PADI was the running joke when I was in the program because they nickel and dime you for every little specialized course before you got an open-water instructor rating. PADI's for people who have real jobs and can't afford to take 6 months off for full-time training. I know excellent instructors who teach PADI and bad instructors who teach other programs, so it really comes down to the individual and not the program.
And by the way, Nick started it!
Old 22 April 2004, 10:36   #36

Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
It is quite expenssive then I think considering that for the 8.50 ballistic from SAfrica they want about trade price Euro 15,000.00 with all consoles, A-frame, nav lights etc and fuel tank 225ltrs and fot the 8mtr the trade price is about Euro 12,000.00.
Old 22 April 2004, 10:55   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos
It is quite expenssive then I think considering that for the 8.50 ballistic from SAfrica they want about trade price Euro 15,000.00 with all consoles, A-frame, nav lights etc and fuel tank 225ltrs and fot the 8mtr the trade price is about Euro 12,000.00.
That's pretty cheap. By trade price do you mean dealer price?
Old 22 April 2004, 10:58   #38

If you go to ballistic in SA and you order 2 or more this is the price you get. Is discounted by 25% (so they say any way).
And by the way tubes are made out of Hypalon from pennel
Old 22 April 2004, 11:26   #39

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie D
I'm not exactly sure what a poncy seat is, but I doubt I'd want to sit on one. I think the boat looks smaller that it actually is in the picture, maybe another will help. As an ex full time dive instructor in California, most of the rib dive boats I've been on don't have nearly as much free deck space. I agree that if it were strictly for "rufty tufty" divers we'd rather sit on the sides and gain more deck space, which is why the benches are optional (I'd never give up the rack, though). The large stern deck and heavy duty ladder are nice features for the ladies as well. The boat here holds 14 divers w/ 28 cylinders and goes out full, rain or shine, once a day if not twice year round. As for the CE mark, this hull is already being imported into Italy, so maybe it's covered in the U.K.? Plus if someone from here buys one I might get a discount on my boat!

Here's another pic...

p.s. Can someone give me a brownie point? It really sucks being an "unknown quantity".
Hi Robbie it is a lovely rib but in my experience as a DO of a UK based diving club most people in the club would want the space & comfort of a Hard Boat for a days diving! As a club with a rib of our own it was easier to fill a hard boat for a day than to get interest in taking out our own rib!
As for PADI divers, thinking about it I do have a PADI rescue diver qualification somewhere!
But donít tell anyone!
Stay Gold
Nick
Old 22 April 2004, 12:16   #40

Town: West London
Boat name: Asp
Make: A BLACK Stealthly Metzeler
Length: 4m + really stealthy
Engine: Johnson 70hp VRO - not steathly at all!
PADI Divers!!

In the water your cert is irrelevant.

I don't care who dives and with what agency as long as they get in the water....

Pete
PADI AI