Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 27 December 2008, 03:05   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Length: 6m +
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,015
search lights

I want to upgrade the basic one i have .Has anyone found one that is good all round.Quality, size,ease to rotate,and price.It will be A-frame mounted and fixed/bolted.I know the boat show is coming .but i want to see whats about and whhats best before i buy on spur of the moment.Thanks
__________________

__________________
PeterR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2008, 08:46   #2
Member
 
Channel Ribs's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterR View Post
I want to upgrade the basic one i have .Has anyone found one that is good all round.Quality, size,ease to rotate,and price.It will be A-frame mounted and fixed/bolted.I know the boat show is coming .but i want to see whats about and whhats best before i buy on spur of the moment.Thanks
If you want one with the handle and switch for panning, we have one in our jumble section:

http://www.alderneymarine.com/freeads.html
__________________

__________________
Channel Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2008, 11:40   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Malthouse , (or anyone)as you are very good at this stuff - do you do any sort of decent hand held - plug in ( 12v) type . I've been thinking of getting one , just not got round to it !

If its 12v I can plug it in the car when needed & boat when needed .......
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2008, 12:42   #4
Member
 
chewy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
These are the dogs dangly bits, really robust, waterproof and expensive. We have em on the Atlantic and not one has failed yet.

http://www.sailgb.com/p/aqua_signal_...light_12v_50w/
__________________
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2008, 13:40   #5
Member
 
Leapy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,728
Good selection here http://www.seascrew.com I've got the 2nd lamp down on the spot and floodlights page...highly recommended: terrifc beam, waterproof and generally just looks like a quality piece of kit
__________________
Leapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2008, 06:37   #6
RIBnet supporter
 
C2 RIBS's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hants
Boat name: Gemineye
Make: Ribeye S850 charter
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp
MMSI: 235097445
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapy View Post
Good selection here http://www.seascrew.com I've got the 2nd lamp down on the spot and floodlights page...highly recommended: terrifc beam, waterproof and generally just looks like a quality piece of kit
The fourth one down with a rail fit looks like the one you have Leapy as a guess. I like this idea to clamp to A Frame, how have you connected the power source? Did you just plug it into an external socket or wire it in?
__________________
Ian
Rib charter and Rib hire with www.c2ribs.co.uk
C2 RIBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2008, 07:03   #7
Member
 
Leapy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2 RIBS View Post
I like this idea to clamp to A Frame, how have you connected the power source? Did you just plug it into an external socket or wire it in?
Fourth one down...I knew that!

We spec'd a Bulgin 12v socket in the console for this light. The lamp as supplied by Sea-Screw comes with a car 12v type. Just hacked that off and fitted the Bulgin plug. Job done
__________________
Leapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2008, 07:08   #8
Member
 
Channel Ribs's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackroady View Post
Malthouse , (or anyone)as you are very good at this stuff - do you do any sort of decent hand held - plug in ( 12v) type . I've been thinking of getting one , just not got round to it !

If its 12v I can plug it in the car when needed & boat when needed .......
One of these should do the trick, lighter-plug and 1m candles.

At 24 squids plus vat I shall be getting one for the Landy.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Channel Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2008, 07:52   #9
Member
 
Leapy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2 RIBS View Post
The fourth one down with a rail fit looks like the one you have Leapy as a guess. I like this idea to clamp to A Frame
Just a thought...the clamp needs to be able to be slid onto the tube/A frame via an open end before it can be clamped in place. Be aware of this if you're intending to attach to an existing s/s structure
__________________
Leapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2008, 12:42   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by malthouse View Post
One of these should do the trick, lighter-plug and 1m candles.

At 24 squids plus vat I shall be getting one for the Landy.
This looks ideal ! is it buried on your site ? I cant see it - do you have a link ?
__________________

__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.