Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 23 May 2006, 14:27   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Your problem at the breakers yard will probably be that not many cars have 13" wheels nowadays.
I think the Vauxhalls used to fit 100mm PCD wheels, but you'll need to be careful that the offset is correct.
Wheel fitment charts are on the www. Get googling!
It may be worth you shopping around as I recently priced some new 13" trailer wheels & tyres for around 40-45 each. Try Nasher on this forum. He's just set himself up as a trailer parts agent.
__________________

__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2006, 05:25   #12
Member
 
gtflash's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp HO
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,316
vw polo has 13" and 100pcd. gonna try my birds alloys on there!! but what about weight capacity??


john heres link

http://www.western-towing.co.uk/acat...s_13_inch.html
__________________

__________________
gtflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2006, 05:48   #13
ADS
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS
Ah looks like I had the wrong wheels all together, good job theres no red blobs anymore!
When I had abit of an 'off' in the car last year I had to get some parts from the scrap yard, including a steel wheel. They had a massive mountain of wheels and it would be quite easy to find four matching ones all though you would have to get the right dimensions etc, most of the tyres were legal, although it would be possible to stick some cheapo ones on there. Although Petes ebay source looks cheap, and thats for new rims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai
Your problem at the breakers yard will probably be that not many cars have 13" wheels nowadays.
I think the Vauxhalls used to fit 100mm PCD wheels, but you'll need to be careful that the offset is correct.
Wheel fitment charts are on the www. Get googling!
It may be worth you shopping around as I recently priced some new 13" trailer wheels & tyres for around 40-45 each. Try Nasher on this forum. He's just set himself up as a trailer parts agent.
Agree Downhilldai, but the car in question was a Polo, hence why I assumed they would be along the right lines. I would drop Nasher a pm GT


Quote:
Originally Posted by gtflash
vw polo has 13" and 100pcd. gonna try my birds alloys on there!! but what about weight capacity??

john heres link

http://www.western-towing.co.uk/acat...s_13_inch.html
__________________
ADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2006, 06:28   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Portsmouth Harbour
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 175
i have 4 old wheels, + tyres which im selling at the moment, they are 13" and off an old fiesta that i scrapped. If you would like any more detials or pictures PM me.
__________________
Rich
RYA Powerboat Instructor, RYA PWC Instructor, RYA Dinghy Instructor

Davies Coaching
laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2006, 07:03   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,962
Wheels come in different load capacities as do tyres. A suitable rim width and offset is fairly important. The offset ensures the load is carried in the correct position between the wheel bearings. You'll be lucky to find car wheels with the correct offset to suit a trailer.

Buy the correct or, preferably, higher capacity ones and get them galvanised. Job done.
__________________
JW.
jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2006, 18:42   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker
Wheels come in different load capacities as do tyres. A suitable rim width and offset is fairly important. The offset ensures the load is carried in the correct position between the wheel bearings. You'll be lucky to find car wheels with the correct offset to suit a trailer.

Buy the correct or, preferably, higher capacity ones and get them galvanised. Job done.
Too right JW.
I can't believe we spend 1000+ on a trailer, which is totally galvanised, apart from the wheels, which are painted! Seems bonkers to me, as these are usually first to hit the brine.
If you're looking for wheel loading data, the Avonride website lists the load capacities of virtually all wheels and tyres used in the trailer industry. along with every dimension you could ask for.
__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2006, 18:42   #17
Member
 
gtflash's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp HO
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,316
towsure 16.75 each wheel only! still lookin
__________________

__________________
gtflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.