Old 16 October 2013, 10:09   #31
Length: 7m +
Pulling a knife ! kin hell, nasty kers ..

boristhebold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2013, 08:09   #32
Town: Goudswaard
Boat name: mr D
Make: Deltapower
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha f300 BETU
It's a bl..y sailboat regatta, so i think that oildrenched polar bears and generally raping the Pechora sea will be the last on the mind of the crew/support in this Esimit racing project. Whatever the circumstances are during racing sailboats or those who intrude it/obstruct, flashing a knive is neither sportsmanlike nor part of any other form of acceptable social behaviour.
I also think it is also a rather stupid move, because it for sure will not have a good exposure for gazprom in any case, photoshopped or not, this picture shows it all and that is what will be remembered! (which is what sponsoring is all about i think?)

I wonder what the organisation of the regatta will do/decide in terms of gross misconduct (which applies in the racing rules of sailing to those who race sailboats AS WELL as their support). this whole story is a pity for jochen schumann skippering the boat, he is in fact a nice guy!

gohelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2013, 08:47   #33
Town: Helsinki
Boat name: SR 5.4
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Toh1 3,5 Yam 90/2S
Guess these people are some sympathetic Gazprom security personnel, maybe ex OMON, who else would show a knife during a PR event/race? From a PR point of view, total disaster but no surprise if they will be rewarded by "head quarters". On the video can bee seen also the other person used a knife.....this looks even worse than on the photo.

Not that I am a big fan of GP but this is really scary behavior....

fun on a boat is inversely proportional to size...sort of anyway
C-NUMB is offline   Reply With Quote