RIBnet admin team
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
I've thought about something like this for a while, and although it sounds like a good idea at first, I have one major reservation about it - "the immobilizer is activated automatically when you move 20 to 40 meters from your boat" - if your steering is hard over at full lock when you leave the boat, you may not be more that the necessary 20-40 metres to trigger the immobiliser. This would be potentially lethal if the boat continues to circle around you. The web site doesn't explicitly state if there's a panic button to kill the engine in case of the automatic sender failing to do it's job. Even if there is such a facility, I don't know if I would want to put my trust in a fallible electronic device when a simple lanyard does the job very efficiently and reliably. It goes against the KISS principle.
I agree.

As well as what Polwart said,20-40 metres extra before your engine cuts out is a hell of a long way extra to swim if you're solo.It could mean you being up to 80 metres away from the boat by the time it's stopped and you've got over the initial disorientation of going in unexpectedly.
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote