Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 07 February 2011, 10:13   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Length: 6m +
Engine: outboard 150
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 69
robust boats

I know they make Ribs but does anyone have any experience of 'Robust Boats' open models particularly the 17c and 19c models. They are made in Pembrokeshire and I would be gratefull to know if anyone had experience of them, i.e build quality, lay up etc! Also how stringent is the 'Seafish' standard they are required to meet? Are they a good company to deal with etc.

thanks in advance,
Hector.
__________________

__________________
hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2011, 10:37   #2
Member
 
captainpugwash's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Makaira
Make: Forge Marine
Length: 7m +
Engine: BMW 50HP
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 143
Robust Boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
I know they make Ribs but does anyone have any experience of 'Robust Boats' open models particularly the 17c and 19c models. They are made in Pembrokeshire and I would be gratefull to know if anyone had experience of them, i.e build quality, lay up etc! Also how stringent is the 'Seafish' standard they are required to meet? Are they a good company to deal with etc.

thanks in advance,
Hector.
Hi Hector,
Yes, I have dealt with them and they are first class to deal with.
Excellent build quality also.
I suggest you ring a few of the lads who are advertising them on Find a Fishing Boat to chat about Seafish standardsetc.
Have you seen this one?
http://www.findafishingboat.com/robu...minium/DB30730

Good Luck.
__________________

__________________
If only everything in life was as easy as being naughty
captainpugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2011, 10:51   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Length: 6m +
Engine: outboard 150
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpugwash View Post
Hi Hector,
Yes, I have dealt with them and they are first class to deal with.
Excellent build quality also.
I suggest you ring a few of the lads who are advertising them on Find a Fishing Boat to chat about Seafish standardsetc.
Have you seen this one?
http://www.findafishingboat.com/robu...minium/DB30730

Good Luck.
Yes saw it a few weeks ago but would prefer a bigger outboard. Looks good though. Are they comparable build quality to 'Voe' Boats ? Ive used a few of those in the past but they are very pricey.

thanks
Hector.
__________________
hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2011, 11:45   #4
Member
 
captainpugwash's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Makaira
Make: Forge Marine
Length: 7m +
Engine: BMW 50HP
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 143
Voe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
Yes saw it a few weeks ago but would prefer a bigger outboard. Looks good though. Are they comparable build quality to 'Voe' Boats ? Ive used a few of those in the past but they are very pricey.

thanks
Hector.
The Voe boats have been going since 1986 and have a formidable reputation but also a price to match.
View examples of each and form your decision from there I would suggest.
It is all down to your personal preference really.
You cannot truly tell unless you personally inspect them.
http://www.malakofflimited.co.uk/voe...-boat-building
__________________
If only everything in life was as easy as being naughty
captainpugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.