Old 06 August 2004, 11:00   #11
Town: Fairfield
Boat name: Sunrider
Make: Zodiac
Length: 7.3
Engine: MerCruiser (bio)diesel 180hp I/O
The person responsible for developing the CZ7 concept within Zodiac is Gary Durnan. Here is the contact information:

Gary Durnan
ZHT - Marine Division
Tel905) 677-4211
Fax905) 677-7618

He should be able to provide the info, or direct you to the video production company for details.

There are many manufacturers of RIBs in America, and many foreign manufacturers are represented here as well. RIB International published a directory of US manufacturers in one of their issues (see, and a partial list can be found at

I share your amazement that more people are not using RIBs in the US, so I guess the only thing we can do is own as many of them as possible!

sunrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 August 2004, 19:22   #12
Town: West Palm Beach, Fl
Boat name: Pure Avita T/T
Make: Avon
Length: no boat
Engine: Honda 90 hp
First Post-
Great Board! Thank You. I am living in Florida, but I am from Raleigh, NC. (Small World) I think others have hit it on the head about Rib ownership here in the US. Most Americans are consumed with looks over function. Our Avon came as a tender to our larger boat but to be honest we spend MUCH more time on our Rib! We love it. I feel like itís a sports car for the water. I take my daughter out on it and she and I are all smiles. "Jump it Daddy, jump it!" I highly recommend them. I am now consumed by them and spend hours on the web researching them. Thatís how I found this great board. I have a few questions of my own but I will post them in another thread. Just wanted to say hello. I look forward to exchanging ideas with everyone here. Rick G

Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 August 2004, 19:48   #13
RIBnet supporter
Town: Reykjavik
Boat name: Cheesee
Make: Seaquel 600 XS
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 275 Verado
Send a message via Skype™ to bogib
Welcome Rick,
You will find this forum very informative and friendly not to mentioned it has members from all over the world.

RIBs and ribbing is my life
bogib is offline   Reply With Quote