Originally Posted by Phill27
Guys you may want to be carefull when raffleing alcohol with the new laws that came into place at the end of november, I cant remember what the exact law was but i was pretty sure that raffles in which alcohol was included was a pretty sore spot.... Will try to have a look into it.
If it helps and the law allows im more than happy to chuck a pin of Greene King ipa into the equation.(36 pints) Real ale for some kind of party. However winner will have to collect and return the empty pin and serving gear back to me. Oh and will have to be drunk within 3 days of serving!!!
Licensing act 2003:
Prizes of Alcohol in Raffles and Tombolas
Raffle prizes of alcohol are exempt from needing a licence if all the following apply:
- The lottery is promoted as an incident of an exempt entertainment
- All proceeds of the entertainment and raffle (after deduction of expenses) are not used for private gain
- The alcohol is in sealed containers
- There are no monetary prizes
- Tickets are only sold during the entertainment at the premises where it takes place, and the raffle is drawn during the event
- Participating in the lottery or in gaming is not the main inducement to attend the entertainment
I assume these laws apply in wales too?