Old 07 February 2014, 06:22   #1531

Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
On a different note for a minute...

Would anyone like to sponsor the Hog Roast at the launch on the 9th March?

The costs are (pretty accurate but not exact) : -

55 kilo pig 150
Buns, slaw, apple sauce, stuffing, etc. 50

There's no charge for time, plates, gas or equipment etc as this has already been donated

We do still have money in the bank but as promised we won't be using it for the party.

It will be a free hog roast but with a bucket for donations that will go the Macmillan Cancer Support.

Old 07 February 2014, 06:41   #1532
RIBnet supporter

Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Been meddling with an idea I wish, on others approval to fabricate a nice led illuminated plaque for this auction
This can be free standing or wall mounted Or a simple brass/stainless in filled oak mounted plaque
Really am open to suggestions ?
Mac Millan rib Built with aid dedication of ribnet members.
as listed below
Members site names,
wisper biffer Neil Harvey etc Companys involved/donated parts etc Henshaws Bl;ah de blah Names I can not think of at the minute Any ones thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated, I can fit it all on regardless of how many names etc,,

MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2014, 07:26   #1533

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent View Post
Been meddling with an idea I wish, on others approval to fabricate a nice led illuminated plaque for this auction
This can be free standing or wall mounted Or a simple brass/stainless in filled oak mounted plaque
Really am open to suggestions ?
Mac Millan rib Built with aid dedication of ribnet members.
as listed below
Members site names,
wisper biffer Neil Harvey etc Companys involved/donated parts etc Henshaws Bl;ah de blah Names I can not think of at the minute Any ones thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated, I can fit it all on regardless of how many names etc,,
That would be great Something freestanding that can stand next to the rib and not blow away

If you decide to go led then we won't have any power there so it will have to be battery powered?

As for the design, you do whatever you think, all your work has been awesome and this won't be any different.

I can do a list of all the people that helped next week
Old 07 February 2014, 07:29   #1534

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
The idea is that we do a Ribnet restoration and then auction it for our charity to the highest bidder.
Right then, just checked my first post on this thread and I said that we would auction it, so lets auction it on ebay
Old 07 February 2014, 07:29   #1535

Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.moody View Post
In my opinion the extending sealed bid method is flawed. In a normal sealed bid auction Mr Legend WILL bid the 18k because he is frightened that someone will bid higher and he will have lost the boat. But in the above method why not put in a 9k bid because if there is a higher bid (probably will be by Mr Smith) he will have 7 days to make a better offer. He could save himself anything up to 9k.
Chris
Agreed, sealed bids should be sealed bids, highest bidder wins if over the reserve.
Can we advertise it well enough for sealed bids? Will people write in with a sealed bid?

I just saw an auction on ebay with a BIN price. Could go that route with a BIN price that is quite high and we would be ecstatic with. Risk being an high BIN could put people off? If someone presses BIN, I don't think anyone should be unhappy that it could possibly have been sold for more, because the BIN would be a price we would be ecstatic to achieve.

Or a classified ebay ad with a high price like 20k, also utilising the "best offers" approach? That would mimic the sealed bids idea, but do it in an electronic format people are used to, and also do the advertising for us. Could also take out an ad in a couple of the magazines. I am sure if we were to purchase and advert at least one of the magazines would up it to a half pager or something?
Old 07 February 2014, 07:35   #1536
RIBnet supporter

Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Quote:
That would be great Something freestanding that can stand next to the rib and not blow away

If you decide to go led then we won't have any power there so it will have to be battery powered?

As for the design, you do whatever you think, all your work has been awesome and this won't be any different.

I can do a list of all the people that helped next week
Give me. A list and I will sort it. Cough solar powerd A frame it is then,,, cause is worth it

MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2014, 07:35   #1537

Quote:
Right then, just checked my first post on this thread and I said that we would auction it, so lets auction it on ebay
OK

Can we choose how long to have the auction running? Could it be done long enough to get the ebay number on an advert in a magazine?
Old 07 February 2014, 09:25   #1538

Town: Plymouth
Forgive me but if you think anybody that isn't emotionally attached to this project is going to be offering anywhere close to 20k your dreaming! All things aside, its a 5.4m Rib with a 10/15 year old 2 stroke engine on it.

By doing all the work that's been done to it you've priced it out of a genuine sale from the normal punter who just wants a Rib. Regardless how good it is 20k opens a lot of doors to a generic buyer, I think very few members would be willing (or able) to offer this kind of figure.

Maybe a better option would be actually donating it to Macmillan for them to do there own charity auction etc. I'm sure they must do things like that ? Kind of like American Choppers or OCC do with the bikes,

www.BoatsandOutboards4Sale.co.uk
Old 07 February 2014, 09:54   #1539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats&Outboards View Post
Forgive me but if you think anybody that isn't emotionally attached to this project is going to be offering anywhere close to 20k your dreaming! All things aside, its a 5.4m Rib with a 10/15 year old 2 stroke engine on it.
BoatsandOutboards4Sale | Hand-picked boats & motors, fully tested, delivered nationwide.
I am not dreaming, I don't think it likely for one minute! It was a price I pulled out that I think everyone would be ecstatic with, as noted in my post a high price, basically so it does not go for a mediocre price that could be bettered. If it fetches 10k, I think we are doing well, for the exact points you raise. If on the other hand, we could get a new engine on it, maybe 20k would be a possibility, but I am stil not sure, and not convinced anyone is going to donate a brand new outboard
Old 07 February 2014, 09:58   #1540

A mint mod sr5.4 mk2 with a yam 90 and trailer is worth 10k so this is worth more than that.

Tags
rib