Old 05 November 2012, 15:29   #11
Boat name: Scorpion
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 90HP 4stroke
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
Just wondering how long you left it out the water before attempting to clean. It is much much easier if done within 24 hours of taking it out of the water. It really depends on where you leave it. Our boat is on a salt water mooring for two months and gets a little bit of weed on the trim tabs and around the transom but that is it. A friend's boat in the marina less than a mile away has barnacles within a month!
Hi, started working on her within 18 hrs of bringing her out of the briney. Unfortunately Torbay inner harbour is fairly static sea water and as such the crud gets hold very rapidly. Far more than on boats in the marina where the water is free flowing. I noticed the build up and had intended taking her out a month or two into the season to get clean and anti fouled however a broken trailer and shortage of money put paid until recently. With hindsight I should have taken action sooner, I had no idea how hard it would be to remove now contemplating hiring a commercial hot water/steam pressure washer along with buying some better oxalic.!

Wahoo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 November 2012, 05:34   #12
Town: hoorn
Make: X craft
Length: 8m +
algea strip from Aurora

best stuff there is to clean your hull in my opinion. And we tried a lot.

Xcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 November 2012, 06:23   #13
Town: Sussex
Make: RIBTEC 655
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yam 150
I used Y10 on an old RIB that spent 5 years in a river and was almost black, with the exception of the osmosis it brought the hull back to it's original finish, it was quick and easy with excellent results.

thomas is offline   Reply With Quote