Old 18 July 2010, 03:00   #11
Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard, Y-162
Make: Aerotec 380, Y-Class
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Cheers guys. Matt very kindly PM'd me a heads up on his boat - it's a stunner but unfortunately out of my league. I'm sure he won't mind this link to it below:

Reckon I'll end up with a 4.8 Ribcraft as an alternative - one advantage seems to be the internal size which is 3.9/1.2 compared to 3.4/1.07 for the 4.7 SR.

Max... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2010, 10:49   #12
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
[QUOTE=Downhilldai;360897] Before Rogue Wave gets in here, there is no equivalent RIB to the SR4.7

You have learned well grasshopper! For you the path of enlightenment is well travelled.

I've had both boats 4.7/70 and a 5.4/90 and yearn to own another 4.7. I found it a bit more fun to drive than the 5.4 and the 70 was more economical than the 90 by about 30 percent. if i was diving or waterskiing a fair bit I'd go for the bigger boat. the only reason I sold my 4.7 was becuase I was an idiot!

With a 70 the 4.7 goes like a rocket but she took on a strong chine walk circa 35 knots the 5.4 is more stable under power and an easier cruising boat. I got into a pi££ing contest with Seariders brother in their 5.4 in Southampton water and we were both going flat out. I could keep up but couldn't get past but to be fair he did seem to be more stable in the water

You could always have a trailer with a folding front bit

If you buy the Ribcraft (fine ribs ) never let yourself drive a SR 4.7 cos then you'll know you made a mistake

Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2010, 12:07   #13
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
If you buy the Ribcraft (fine ribs ) never let yourself drive a SR 4.7 cos then you'll know you made a mistake

Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote