Originally Posted by pathalla
Ugh! The possibility of pasty green copper wiring rears its ugly head... hope it is a simple fix...
Soaked the whole thing in WD40. Still could not make any sense of the readings I was getting on the m/meter. Major symtom was no ground to anything. Cleaned terminals, still no ground ?????. Well after an hour or two figured out that some idiot had disconnected the live feed from the battery to console and tucked it down in the bilge. The neg. feed was connected to the pos. side of the battery. Got it all sorted and believe it or not everything works. Stll going to have to rip it all out and redo; but that will have to wait a while. BEWARE OF PREVIOUS OWNERS.