Old 06 February 2014, 08:51   #21

Town: Sussex
Make: RIBTEC 655
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yam 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_C View Post
Being from the USA I think y'all drive on the wrong side of the road and port to port is normal for all types of driving.

FWIW do you really need a life jacket when you can stand up with your head out of the water?
I hate to break this to you but we drive on the correct side, as did everyone until the french decided to be different - so in fact, you lot are all being a little bit french!! Oh dear

You can drown in 6 inches of water, we had a flood washing over a road at the weekend that was less than that, it was so powerful you'd not have been able to walk though it without falling over.
Old 06 February 2014, 10:31   #22

Town: Littlehampton, W Sx
Length: no boat
MMSI: 235101591
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
I hate to break this to you but we drive on the correct side, as did everyone until the french decided to be different - so in fact, you lot are all being a little bit french!!
Yep. Swordhand to swordhand.

As an experiment I tried driving on the right the other day. Bloomin' dangerous - I don't how these foreigners manage...

I've been thinking of using a boat to get across some of the potholes round here - some of which should be looked at by scientists because I am sure they are meteorite strikes...
Old 06 February 2014, 10:52   #23

Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughN View Post
Yep. Swordhand to swordhand. As an experiment I tried driving on the right the other day. Bloomin' dangerous - I don't how these foreigners manage... ...
Thats one of the reasons why the French started riding on the right as Napoleon was left handed with a sword so he ordered his army to ride on the right the same , another reason why in the french run areas of the united states they did the same as some of our colonial cousins fell out with us English just a little . , Main reason we drove drive or ride on the left though was most people standing on the side of the road getting on a horse would stand on the left leg & cock the right leg over the horse then set off ? Or so they say .though it didn't actually become law until the 1700s .