Boat name: Craka Daux
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard
Send a message via MSN to nick wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauti Buoy View Post
Plus Verado 300 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy better looking than the Opti
I agree!!!! love the look of them plus they are quite, nothing like taking people out for a run and it is near silent at tick over in the marina.

O well we will wait and see on that one, I take it is still looking like the same time frame for delivery you mentioned at RIBEX for the new one?
nick wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 21:04   #22
RIBnet supporter

Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick wood View Post
I agree!!!! love the look of them plus they are quite, nothing like taking people out for a run and it is near silent at tick over in the marina.

O well we will wait and see on that one, I take it is still looking like the same time frame for delivery you mentioned at RIBEX for the new one?
Looking at a November/December delivery due to Parker having a massive work load to get through, even running double shifts they have a lot of Ribs to get out the door, all 9m plus. I will know more hopefully later this week. But I do have another Toy to play with which I will reveal shortly.
Old 19 May 2007, 21:18   #23

Town: Jersey
Boat name: Craka Daux
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard
Send a message via MSN to nick wood
Quote:
Looking at a November/December delivery due to Parker having a massive work load to get through, even running double shifts they have a lot of Ribs to get out the door, all 9m plus. I will know more hopefully later this week. But I do have another Toy to play with which I will reveal shortly.

O right ok thats a fair way off!!! Another Toy!!!!!!!!!!! a rib?
Yes I heard there had been a few big orders recently.
nick wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2007, 21:19   #24

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
I am surpised you didn't look at the ETECs - I have to be honest I love 2 strokes - I am considering the Mercury 300xs myself but the Suzuki 4 strokes are very well priced and also offer electronic throttles - didn't you consider them?
Old 19 May 2007, 21:23   #25
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
I am surpised you didn't look at the ETECs - I have to be honest I love 2 strokes - I am considering the Mercury 300xs myself but the Suzuki 4 strokes are very well priced and also offer electronic throttles - didn't you consider them?
Parker only fit Mercury Marine engines, so that is the only choice, and they also won't sell you a rib without engines. so the Opti's therefore were my choice.
Old 19 May 2007, 21:29   #26

Town: West Sussex
Quote:
Parker only fit Mercury Marine engines, so that is the only choice, and they also won't sell you a rib without engines. so the Opti's therefore were my choice.
Correct
Old 19 May 2007, 21:29   #27

Quote:
Ahh makes sense - 300xs it must be then - same weight as a 225 but about 310hp at the crank - should REALLY fly!!!
Old 19 May 2007, 21:42   #28

Quote:
Yes we have taken on a lot of orders and the SAR orders will be taking up a lot of floor space ie specially the two 14.5 mtr ones.

we are now further extending the factory so the area where the grey hull is and up to the orange rib at the back will be under roof perhaps even by the end of the year. Richard you know how far the hull is from the factory that too will be under roof.
You probably won't recognise the place when you travel for the acceptance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00653 (Small).JPG
Views:	306
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	26991  
Old 20 May 2007, 00:29   #29

Town: watford
Boat name: The Bandit &
Make: Hunton Rib
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 8.1 Mercruisers
[
Quote:
QUOTE=codprawn;200418] I am surpised you didn't look at the ETECs - I have to be honest I love 2 strokes - I am considering the Mercury 300xs myself but the Suzuki 4 strokes are very well priced and also offer electronic throttles - didn't you consider them?
[/QUOTE]

Wait untill the end of RB8 as i have a feeling there could be some 300xs for sale. teams running the 300xs will need a spare.
Old 20 May 2007, 01:13   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bandit View Post
[
Wait untill the end of RB8 as i have a feeling there could be some 300xs for sale. teams running the 300xs will need a spare. [/QUOTE]

If you here anything let me know!!!
Old 20 May 2007, 15:10   #31

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 150
Quote:
Odd. I would have thought taking a "we won't supply what you want" stance was bad for business if you are spending somewhere between 50 and 100 grand?

Sent from my Computer, using a keyboard and mouse
BogMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 18:45   #32

Make: Osprey
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 HP E-Tec
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogMonster View Post
Odd. I would have thought taking a "we won't supply what you want" stance was bad for business if you are spending somewhere between 50 and 100 grand?
Indeed.

In Belgium consumer law forbids this kind of package deals. So if Parker is selling ribs in Belgium, they can not refuse supplying a consumer who wants to put for example an E-tec, Yamaha, ..., on their rib.
Old 20 May 2007, 18:45   #33

Town: watford
Boat name: The Bandit &
Make: Hunton Rib
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 8.1 Mercruisers
[
Quote:
QUOTE=codprawn;200465] Wait untill the end of RB8 as i have a feeling there could be some 300xs for sale. teams running the 300xs will need a spare.
If you here anything let me know!!! [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I've already heard. I should be running 300xs mercs and i will need a spare.
hopefully it will still be boxed and not needed, It is an expense i could do with out.
Old 20 May 2007, 18:53   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharrier View Post
Indeed.

In Belgium consumer law forbids this kind of package deals. So if Parker is selling ribs in Belgium, they can not refuse supplying a consumer who wants to put for example an E-tec, Yamaha, ..., on their rib.
Have you ever seen a Bayliner , SeaRay or even a Quicksilver with a Yamaha or E-Tec or Suzuki or Honda

We are the distributor for Mercury Marine hence only supply our ribs with engines from that range.

All our ribs are custom built so we supply what was ordered
Old 20 May 2007, 19:04   #35
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Indeed.

So if I buy a Skoda Fabia in Belgium I can insist on a Ford Focus engine in it?

There are other RIB manufacturers with similar arrangements (e.g. Ribeye and Yamaha). So long as the engines are good deal then I don't see it as bad business sense - if you particularly want a Yamaha or Etec engine then you look for hull manufacturers willing to supply that... ...if the hull is more important you look at the hull first, and then stick whichever engine from the range is suitable on it.
Old 20 May 2007, 19:05   #36

Hello Andre,

I know it seems sometimes odd but this package deal law was made to protect consumers.

I have seen Capelli boats with both Mercury and Evinrude engine although Capelli ribs is owned by Yamaha.

I have seen Ribeye's with all kind of engines although I think it's owned by Yamaha.

I have seen one Avon rib with a Honda engine although Avon is owned by Mercury.

If you were to sell Parker ribs in Belgium, and the consumer does not want a Mercury engine, you would have to sell it or with an other engine or without engine. Otherwise a Judge in court could decide it is a package deal, which is not allowed.

Other subject, have you ever fitted a Parker 900 with twin 300 HP engines?

Regards,

Paul
Old 20 May 2007, 19:30   #37

Quote:
Hello Andre,

I know it seems sometimes odd but this package deal law was made to protect consumers.

I have seen Capelli boats with both Mercury and Evinrude engine although Capelli ribs is owned by Yamaha.

I have seen Ribeye's with all kind of engines although I think it's owned by Yamaha.

I have seen one Avon rib with a Honda engine although Avon is owned by Mercury.

If you were to sell Parker ribs in Belgium, and the consumer does not want a Mercury engine, you would have to sell it or with an other engine or without engine. Otherwise a Judge in court could decide it is a package deal, which is not allowed.

Other subject, have you ever fitted a Parker 900 with twin 300 HP engines?

Regards,

Paul
The policy remains the same Parker Ribs are fitted with Mercury outboards or CMD inboards.

as for have we fitted a Parker 900 Baltic fitted with twin 300 . The answer is not yet as the Verado 300 is not yet available but if you look up www.roundbritainrace.co.uk you will see that we have entered a Parker 10 mtr althought it may still be a 9 mtr and if outboards it will be twin Verado 300. But we still may go diesel. I have time till December to decide.

Are you in the market for such?

by the way Avon is owned by Zodiac not Mercury
Old 20 May 2007, 19:48   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
The policy remains the same Parker Ribs are fitted with Mercury outboards or CMD inboards.

as for have we fitted a Parker 900 Baltic fitted with twin 300 . The answer is not yet as the Verado 300 is not yet available but if you look up www.roundbritainrace.co.uk you will see that we have entered a Parker 10 mtr althought it may still be a 9 mtr and if outboards it will be twin Verado 300. But we still may go diesel. I have time till December to decide.

Are you in the market for such?

by the way Avon is owned by Zodiac not Mercury
We are considering buying a bigger rib (9-10m range). But I read in one of Nautiboy's posts that his parker weights 3500kg without trailer. This is to heavy for towing with our car (car is rated at towing max 3500kg).
Old 20 May 2007, 19:54   #39
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
We are considering buying a bigger rib (9-10m range). But I read in one of Nautiboy's posts that his parker weights 3500kg without trailer. This is to heavy for towing with our car (car is rated at towing max 3500kg).
I think the only true way of finding out the weight of the rib is a weighbridge, as have very conflicting records of the weight

Drivers Wharf recorded 2700kg dry weight
Port Solent recorded 3400kg dry weight

So I am just as puzzled, I know the chap who purchased my rib is planning on putting her on a trailer so hopefully he might know, I did advise him that the weight could be as much as 3400kg, but he did not seem to bemused by this.

Parker estimated the weight of the rib to be 2800kg so perhaps the Port Solent crane is way out, who knows?

Old 20 May 2007, 20:02   #40

thx Nauti Buoy. But even 2800 kg is already too heavy to tow. you need to add the weight of the trailer. For shure you will end up above 3500 kg.