Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orville View Post
I would only be re-engining to keep.
So why change it if it works?

I attacked this scenario from a slighty different angle - I essentially bought a fair priced engine* with a free boat, if you want to look at it that way.

I got it 6 years ago. Somewhere on here is a pic of the boat I bought. Over the ensuing 5 years I replaced & subsequently totally rebuilt the engine, re-gelled the hull, fitted elephant trunks, & totally modified the console to take the electronic toys it now carries. Flippin' 'eck - I even have a premix 2- stroke Clamshell talking NMEA2K to the plotter!!!!!!!

On the future to do list I have the rest of the Jockey rebuild (put backrests on & fit a better method of holding the cushions down), a new A- frame and a re-toob. Based on previous progress, I reckon I'm talking around 2020 as a finish (and I don't mean twenty past eight tonight!)

Where I'm going with this is that It's taken me 5 years to get it this far, and I reckon easily another 5 or so years to "finish". If your hull is sound, your engine reliable and you can store it somewhere for nowt, then why sell? - Old doesn't necessarily mean knackered, and with a known (i.e reliable) engine it's probably worth more to you than it will be to someone who just sees an old Suzi on a rib with faded toobs on fleabay.

*well, it would have been had it been solid - multiple threads in this section if you really want to piece my pain together!
Old 18 September 2013, 10:14   #22

Town: Birmingham
Boat name: Sparrowhawk
Make: Osprey
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 90hp 2T
if you are thinking of selling either complete or just the hull let me know as looking for one of these boats as a project but boat only ideally

Tags
engine weight, hp to weight ratios, list of weights