Old 20 January 2008, 18:44   #11
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Originally Posted by Markymark View Post
Seaskills - thank you for the welcome !! Codprawn - is yours the yellow rib ? Yep I'm the one usually out on the barrel wall along side the fisheries vessel. She only draws 1.6m so her sea keeping abilities are not fantastic but she is reasonably comfortable. You can passage in a force 6-7 but you know at the end of the day you've done it !! especially when you get up to the nearest pub and your standing there still swaying (not due to the alcohol). I had a look just outside St.Anns head this week with a 13-16 ft swell...didn't stay long !! straight back into the shelter of Milford Haven. This week doesnt look good either, getting bored need to go to sea.
No thats a big Picton waterjet - mine is about the same size but a very bright blue - over in Burryport at the moment - not a good idea even with only 1.6m!!!

codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2008, 14:33   #12
Town: OBAN/ Kerrera
Boat name: CHILL OUT
Make: Barracuda
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard
Originally Posted by Markymark View Post
Thanks everybody,

Roddy - i skipper a 16m research vessel for the government we do all the environmental surveys around England and Wales, i cover landsend to North Wales. We also survey all the rivers and estuaries so i also spend a lot of time in ribs. Not been doing much the last 3 weeks though in this weather especially in the western approaches !!! I'm holidaying with the family in your area later in the year..may need to interrogate you to find out the best places to visit.
Yep thats no problem, lots of good places to visit, are you coming up with a boat,?

roddy macEachen is offline   Reply With Quote