Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 13 January 2007, 15:27   #21
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: aberdovey, n wales
Length: no boat
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 24
aircraft

Thanks endeavour

The aircrafts do look very nice but 14000 may be slightly out of my price range, the one in the picture looks like quite a shallow hull, how do they handle rough seas.

I'll try and get some prices from llyn marine on etecs as an etec 60 would be my ideal choice but they may not be worth the extra on a carbed two stroke or even a four stroke.

Thanks

Andy
__________________

__________________
andy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2007, 17:11   #22
DM
RIBnet supporter
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Little Wing
Make: Searider 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Tohatsu 90
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by GED View Post
You may want to take a look at Liverpool Power Boats.

Yep, Ian's a man to deal with.

DM
DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2007, 19:33   #23
GED
Member
 
GED's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: CONWY/CORFU
Boat name: The Full Morty II
Make: Air Craft/Shakespere
Length: 8m +
Engine: Etec 300hp/Etec150hp
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 603
5mt aircraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy d View Post
Thanks endeavour

The aircrafts do look very nice but 14000 may be slightly out of my price range, the one in the picture looks like quite a shallow hull, how do they handle rough seas.

I'll try and get some prices from llyn marine on etecs as an etec 60 would be my ideal choice but they may not be worth the extra on a carbed two stroke or even a four stroke.

Thanks

Andy
Andy I had on of these air craft for 2 years using it commercially in my job
they handle great.... I think the cost of the one without the console is about
4750 inc vat .... pm me if you would like a demo
__________________
GED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2007, 03:18   #24
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Pwllheli-North Wales
Boat name: Delta 1
Make: Delta
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mariner 90hp Optimax
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by GED View Post
I think the cost of the one without the console is about
4750 inc vat
Wow sailing club certainly got ripped off at 14k, seems a good price at 4750.

Endeavour whats the situation with the RCD if not supplying/fitting a console? A big fuss down here with a console coming out of a ribeye and the kid getting run over by the rib (no kill coard on).

Jono
__________________
JG Marine Services Ltd Specialist Safety Boat Services

Bodfuan Shoot Ltd Traditional British Game Shooting
Jono Garton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2007, 04:22   #25
RIBnet supporter
 
yoyo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warrington/Anglesey
Make: Menai 480SR.
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsoooooooo 70hp
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 665
Hi Andy,

I am sure that other ribsters here have their views on PVC tubes. All that I can say is that all three ribs that I have owned have been PVC and upto date I have had no problems. I belive that Menai import their tooobs from South Africa. Here is what they have to say about the subject on their construction page! http://www.menaimarine.biz/boat%20construction.htm The menai tooobs appear to be more substantial to other PVC tooobs that I have seen?

Engine: Look at the Tohatsooooos 2 stroke carb models as an option, but hurry before stocks run out as they are no longer allowed to be imported due to the new EU eco regs.

I am also in cheshire, so your more than welcome to call over and have a good look at the rib.
__________________
Yoyo.
---------------------------------------------------
life's full of ups "n" downs.
yoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2007, 12:49   #26
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: aberdovey, n wales
Length: no boat
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
Hi Andy,

I am sure that other ribsters here have their views on PVC tubes. All that I can say is that all three ribs that I have owned have been PVC and upto date I have had no problems. I belive that Menai import their tooobs from South Africa. Here is what they have to say about the subject on their construction page! http://www.menaimarine.biz/boat%20construction.htm The menai tooobs appear to be more substantial to other PVC tooobs that I have seen?

Engine: Look at the Tohatsooooos 2 stroke carb models as an option, but hurry before stocks run out as they are no longer allowed to be imported due to the new EU eco regs.

I am also in cheshire, so your more than welcome to call over and have a good look at the rib.
I can't really see why they would use PVC tubes if they thought that hypalon would be much better, is there a huge price difference or some other massive advantage that I am unaware of.

Don't want to sound stupid but what is the actual current situation with two stroke outboards, are there particular ones that are still legal to produce. I would of thought that a ban coming in would have been on the sale of two strokes rather than the manufacture as that would be easier to police.

Do you think that two strokes will be more difficult or more expensive to get hold of later this year or is there still scope for normal sale for a while.

Also does anybody have experience of aircraft's performance in rough seas as the hull on the picture above looks very shallow to me.

Thanks

Andy
__________________
andy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2007, 13:00   #27
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy d View Post
I can't really see why they would use PVC tubes if they thought that hypalon would be much better, is there a huge price difference or some other massive advantage that I am unaware of.

Don't want to sound stupid but what is the actual current situation with two stroke outboards, are there particular ones that are still legal to produce. I would of thought that a ban coming in would have been on the sale of two strokes rather than the manufacture as that would be easier to police.

Do you think that two strokes will be more difficult or more expensive to get hold of later this year or is there still scope for normal sale for a while.

Also does anybody have experience of aircraft's performance in rough seas as the hull on the picture above looks very shallow to me.

Thanks

Andy
PVC significantly cheaper than hypalon. Generally accepted to have a shorter working life - but storing it indoors or undercover will help.

The ban prevents the import of engines not meeting certain emissions requirements. Essentially this prevents the import into the EU of all traditional 2-stroke engines with carbs. New technology "direct injection" 2-strokes such as the E-tecs are unaffected. Also only affects NEW engines not second hand.

By banning import - you let vendors sell existing stock off. Also with only a small number of o/board producers it is probably easier to monitor their imports than what the many retailers are up to.
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2007, 14:27   #28
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: aberdovey, n wales
Length: no boat
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 24
Thanks Polwart

Do you think that this will affect the availability or supply of outboards any time soon or will it be a while before we see the effects.

Are all four strokes exempt from the new laws, if they are do you think that they will start to get cheaper as more will be being produced.

Andy
__________________
andy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2007, 16:49   #29
RIBnet supporter
 
yoyo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warrington/Anglesey
Make: Menai 480SR.
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsoooooooo 70hp
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy d View Post
Thanks Polwart

Do you think that this will affect the availability or supply of outboards any time soon or will it be a while before we see the effects.

Are all four strokes exempt from the new laws, if they are do you think that they will start to get cheaper as more will be being produced.

Andy
Andy.

I know that the last few months leading up to the 31st Dec 06, the Tohatsu importers down South in Lymington were trying to get as many carbed 2 strokes of all sizes imported into the UK.

Demand was out stripping availability of these motors so much that the cost started to rise leading up to xmas. I talked to my supplier the other day who told me that demand is very large for these type of engines and they will soon become very hard to get.

Imports of these engines are still allowed for commercial operators and racing (Zapcats use Tohatsu 50) etc.
I can only presume this must be the case for all makes of NEW imported motors that don't meet the new EU regs.

The High tec TLDI type 2 strokes and regular 4 strokes are not included in the ban, but they cost aprox 50% more than carbed 2 strokes.

I got my motor from Jon at National A1 Marine on the Wirral before the ban came into force. I was very pleased with their service.

http://www.nationala1marine.co.uk/
__________________
Yoyo.
---------------------------------------------------
life's full of ups "n" downs.
yoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2007, 18:15   #30
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Liverpool
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 60 4/s
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 18
Hi, i found the aircraft to be a good boat but it has a very shallow v and isn't that stable in the rough, it's fast boat, and with a yam 50 2 stroke performs very well. They aren't the most asthetically pleasing ribs either but, good value for money. I beleive you can buy them from liverpool powerboats with a mariner 60 4 stroke aswell.
__________________

__________________
Jack h is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.