Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 01 July 2014, 16:05   #31
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
A good cheuchter will say 'aye' .. and then direct you to the poorest spot .. just go and do it, with what ye've learned here on this and other threads and ye'll be fine



Aye that's the ones to help the Grocer when he's doing 3 knots .. he'll need to get a software update for the Mk1 eyeball

Wasn't daft enough to ask where to trap just tell him I am going to . Staying on jura for a week so he will know what I am doing within ten minutes of getting there anyway .

I live in a village twice the size of craighouse and everyone knows what I am having for tea !


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________

__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 July 2014, 16:06   #32
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
Aye but there is more than him fish around Jura!!

You being one at a guess


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________

__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 July 2014, 16:12   #33
RIBnet supporter
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,787
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedonna View Post
You being one at a guess


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net

Not at all Steve I just rib on the Sound out of Tayvallich and know a few of the local fishermen. Tell me when are you going up as I might be at caravan
J


Sent from my iPhone using RIB Net
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 July 2014, 16:33   #34
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
Not at all Steve I just rib on the Sound out of Tayvallich and know a few of the local fishermen. Tell me when are you going up as I might be at caravan
J


Sent from my iPhone using RIB Net

Week on jura 9th august then week on mull after . Only six weeks but who's counting


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 July 2014, 17:23   #35
RIBnet supporter
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,787
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedonna View Post
Week on jura 9th august then week on mull after . Only six weeks but who's counting


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net

Well I'm still up at Tayvallich so maybe see you if you come over give me a shout


Sent from my iPhone using RIB Net
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 July 2014, 17:38   #36
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedonna View Post
Wasn't daft enough to ask where to trap just tell him I am going to .
Well the locals are no strangers to a bit of stealth .. some background knowledge is always good bit hard to learn an area in a week though ...
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 July 2014, 17:43   #37
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
Well I'm still up at Tayvallich so maybe see you if you come over give me a shout


Sent from my iPhone using RIB Net

Just been looking you up looks like a nice run .


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 July 2014, 17:45   #38
RIBnet supporter
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,787
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedonna View Post
Just been looking you up looks like a nice run .


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
It is with good food and beer at the other end!!
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 July 2014, 17:48   #39
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
Well the locals are no strangers to a bit of stealth .. some background knowledge is always good bit hard to learn an area in a week though ...

It's going to be tough having to check them daily , in between catching mackerel and having a beef in the bar .


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 July 2014, 17:52   #40
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedonna View Post
It's going to be tough having to check them daily
Well thats the way of it for lobsters every day routine ... best fished at 7AM every day.. then theres bait to catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedonna View Post
in between catching mackerel and having a beef in the bar .
I assume you meant Beer rather than stirring up trouble ..
__________________

__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.