Old 02 June 2013, 19:49   #1

Length: 9m +
How Would This Compare To A Ribeye Or Cobra??

Hi I Really Like The Look Of This Osprey And Would Seriously Consider Purchasing One The Only Thing is my budget would only allow me to fit a 225hp on it, how would it perform with that size engine,also how would you compare the osprey in terms of sea-keeping, build quality etc to the likes of a similar sized and specced cobra or ribeye thanks for your timeClick image for larger version

Name:	osprey.jpg
Views:	1341
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	80914
Old 02 June 2013, 19:54   #2
Redbay supporter

Town: onn de moov
Boat name: bote
Make: kevvin
Length: 4m +
Engine: jett dryve
Quote:
Originally Posted by iberfoptic View Post
how would you compare .........

Wher doo I beegin?😃
wiLlfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 June 2013, 19:54   #3

Certainly the best looking of the three! What size is it? Don't know about cobra but ribeye's sea keeping top class, although it does get noticeably wetter than comparable boats such as the brigs? Look at wolfrock boats
Old 02 June 2013, 19:58   #4

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Only fit a 225hp what size is it, 6.5m?
Looks very nice
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 June 2013, 20:03   #5
RIBnet Supporter

Looks like a 7.5m?
Old 02 June 2013, 20:57   #6

Length: 9m +
I think it's a 7m
Old 02 June 2013, 21:31   #7

Quote:
Hi I Really Like The Look Of This Osprey And Would Seriously Consider Purchasing One The Only Thing is my budget would only allow me to fit a 225hp on it, how would it perform with that size engine,also how would you compare the osprey in terms of sea-keeping, build quality etc to the likes of a similar sized and specced cobra or ribeye thanks for your time
Looks like the 7.0 metre Viper Max. Should imagine looking at the hull, size and shape, it would be comparable with the Cobra
Old 02 June 2013, 21:37   #8

Quote:
Hi I Really Like The Look Of This Osprey And Would Seriously Consider Purchasing One The Only Thing is my budget would only allow me to fit a 225hp on it, how would it perform with that size engine,also how would you compare the osprey in terms of sea-keeping, build quality etc to the likes of a similar sized and specced cobra or ribeye thanks for your time
Forgot to add, I was using a 6.8 Ribcraft last year for a while with a 225 Yamaha and it performed very well indeed. Was also using the 7.8 Ribcraft with 250 and 300 engines which are superb RHIBs

The 225hp option on a 7.0 metre Osprey should prove to be a good combination - Nice looking craft
Old 02 June 2013, 21:49   #9

Town: Rostrevor
Boat name: Ricochet
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Twin F115 Yams
MMSI: 235083269
Quote:
only allow me to fit a 225hp [ATTACH]80914
I know - what would the neighbours say
Old 02 June 2013, 22:03   #10

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Engine: Honda BF50
Quote:
how would you compare the osprey in terms of sea-keeping, build quality etc to the likes of a similar sized and specced cobra or ribeye Attachment 80914
The 7m Vipermax is one of the most highly rated hulls produced. The other two are Ribs with hulls.
Old 02 June 2013, 22:44   #11
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
RIBase
Quote:
Hi I Really Like The Look Of This Osprey And Would Seriously Consider Purchasing One The Only Thing is my budget would only allow me to fit a 225hp on it, how would it perform with that size engine,also how would you compare the osprey in terms of sea-keeping, build quality etc to the likes of a similar sized and specced cobra or ribeye thanks for your timeAttachment 80914
225 would be fine but a bit of a silly power option IMHO because most engine sizes are 150-200 then a bigger block for 225 and above. Go for a 200 or a 250. Etecs are expensive, others are much less so. But you get what you pay for

That boat is a 7m, and my favourite by miles. Love the colour scheme.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AW4_5963.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	80919   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08996.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	80920   Click image for larger version

Name:	AW4_5970.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	80921  
Old 03 June 2013, 09:15   #12
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
That boat is a 7m, and my favourite by miles.
You must have very good knowledge of them by now Gotchi, having replaced most of your factory fitted electronics, general wiring and fuel system after what, three years of ownership...?

As Mollers says, great hull!
Old 03 June 2013, 09:19   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
You must have very good knowledge of them by now Gotchi, having replaced most of your factory fitted electronics, general wiring and fuel system after what, three years of ownership...?

Oi, the builder is no longer with us and therefore unable to defend himself. So, on RB's behalf i'll step in. Shut the feck up!
Old 03 June 2013, 09:42   #14
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Oi, the builder is no longer with us and therefore unable to defend himself. So, on RB's behalf i'll step in. Shut the feck up!
Good to see you're on your toes this fine morning Mollers!

No disrespect intended to RB and I'm sure he'll not be short of Champions. I read Gotchis complaints and observations over the past months, including a direct pop at the late Mr Bishop and thought it odd that no-one picked him up then for breaking ranks. Maybe it was just foolish youth talking on Gotchi's part, but I had assumed that someone who had played such a large part in the Osprey website would be fairly much "on message", no?

You'll agree that Gotchi has posted a fairly extensive list of issues with "Into the Red" that he is currently bringing his expertise to bear on?

For the record, I've only ever seen one Osprey in the flesh and didn't get a chance to look her over closely. Seemed like a grand RIB.
Old 03 June 2013, 09:44   #15
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
RIBase
Quote:

As Mollers says, great hull!
I cannot disagree with you. Our boat was fitted out to a substandard level as the personal boat and demonstator by the original "one man band" and dealer. As such many corners were cut where they should not have been. I sincerely hope that customer boats were outfitted to a higher standard, otherwise they will all face the same issues we have had to resolve, in some cases safety related.

For many years it has been known that the quality of the Osprey hull and fibreglassing has been far superior to the fitting out, this was not only the case during MMT's tenure but for a number of years previously. I personally have inspected a number of boats outfitted by BMC in Belgium and these appear to be a much higher standard. I have spent some time with the new Osprey outfitters, going through a number of the issues we have encountered and I am confident that they have taken on board the not insignificant number of areas of improvement. If you were to put landlord's boat next to ours you would see the difference instantly. There is still room for improvement in my opinion, but Osprey is still targeting more the budget end of the market so you cannot expect complete perfection.

Quote:
No disrespect intended to RB and I'm sure he'll not be short of Champions. I read Gotchis complaints and observations over the past months, including a direct pop at the late Mr Bishop and thought it odd that no-one picked him up then for breaking ranks.
In fact there were FOUR individual plastic connectors beautifully wrapped in gaffa tape. No wonder the underdeck trunks were full of oil that had leaked.
Old 03 June 2013, 14:26   #16

My 6.5 was fitted out by Gary Murley of Boats & Jetski World, the wiring was basic to say the least.

My current 7m was wired by DHD Marine Electronics of West Wales, it's a work of art.

Rigged by Liverpool Powerboats.
Old 03 June 2013, 16:28   #17

Town: brierley hill
Boat name: rocknrolla
Make: osprey
Engine: outboard
Quote:
Good to see you're on your toes this fine morning Mollers!

No disrespect intended to RB and I'm sure he'll not be short of Champions. I read Gotchis complaints and observations over the past months, including a direct pop at the late Mr Bishop and thought it odd that no-one picked him up then for breaking ranks. Maybe it was just foolish youth talking on Gotchi's part, but I had assumed that someone who had played such a large part in the Osprey website would be fairly much "on message", no?

You'll agree that Gotchi has posted a fairly extensive list of issues with "Into the Red" that he is currently bringing his expertise to bear on?

For the record, I've only ever seen one Osprey in the flesh and didn't get a chance to look her over closely. Seemed like a grand RIB.
I will let u have a blast looey,and then u can spread the word they are as,TT SEZ Simply the best
Old 03 June 2013, 16:42   #18

Town: brierley hill
Boat name: rocknrolla
Make: osprey
Engine: outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
My 6.5 was fitted out by Gary Murley of Boats & Jetski World, the wiring was basic to say the least.

My current 7m was wired by DHD Marine Electronics of West Wales, it's a work of art.

Rigged by Liverpool Powerboats.
was that Gary in the west mids
Old 03 June 2013, 16:59   #19

Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla View Post
I will let u have a blast looey,and then u can spread the word they are as,TT SEZ Simply the best
Rocky, u as dun it, so dat wiz wot TT wuz singin bout wiv Simply de best, n all dem years eres me fink in it wuz Newcastle Brown she wuz rattling on about

n as f ospreys bein de best, well me ol pipe n slippers chum, dey may be gud ribs, but de color scheme, did ol Henry ford av shares
Old 03 June 2013, 17:32   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla View Post
was that Gary in the west mids
Once, probably no more.