Click Here to Login

Old 19 May 2011, 05:57   #1

Town: Perth
Make: Zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: 100 Yamaha 4-stroke
Honda Over The Top - Australian Expedition

Hi Guys & Gals,

I thought I'd share details of this expedition with you from Downunder. Firstly because it involves a long distance trip in a RIB but secondly the bloke doing it is raising funds for an awareness program for prostate cancer checks. I've met Peter Jenkins, in fact we're involved with putting this boat together but I also thought it would be great if you were interested in following the trip. if you do.....enjoy

Honda Over The Top

The Story

The Honda Over The Top Expedition has been developed by brothers Peter and Phillip Jenkins who have a family history of Prostate Cancer. Both wanted to do something ‘Over The Top’ to generate funds and awareness on the key preventative actions for Prostate Cancer. So they decided to go 'Over The Top' literally… in 8.6 metre rigid inflatable boat (RIB) commonly referred to as a ‘rubber ducky’.
Beginning in Sydney, the Expedition will cover more than 9,500 kilometre stopping at 26 locations along the coast, ending in Perth. Along the Expedition, Peter and Phillip will cover some of Australia’s most untouched, harsh and beautiful coastline particularly in the northern most tips of Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australia.
At each stop (in the populated areas), Peter and Phillip will have prearranged presentations at Yacht and Boat Clubs to generate awareness and raise funds to help fight this deadly and relatively ‘unknown’ killer of men.
Their mission is to raise $200,000 to continue research into effective Prostate Cancer detection and treatment and to actively educate and raise awareness of the need for men to be ‘double tested’ for Prostate Cancer.
Old 19 May 2011, 07:05   #2
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Looks like a great trip. A bit warmer than the Pete Goss arctic expedition!
Old 19 May 2011, 07:37   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
Looks like a great trip. A bit warmer than the Pete Goss arctic expedition!
Hi John, I was not sure where this thread would be best suited so thanks for moving the an appropriate category. The northern end of Australia has some of the most remote places on the planet so I'm looking fwd to seeing pics and hopefully vids of this adventure / expedition.
Old 23 May 2011, 07:09   #4

The Honda Over The Top RIB is coming along nicely
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OTT (1).JPG
Views:	206
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	59561