Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 19 June 2009, 11:34   #1
Member
 
m chappelow's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,310
Help loch ness escort/safety boat needed

Help, any one out there in scotland willing to escort the 100 year old recently restored whitby lifeboat down loch ness and calidonian canal on a 4 day row in aid of the RNLI from 10th to the 13 th of august ,we just need an escort boat in case we have to run any one ashore .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	43415  
__________________

__________________
m chappelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2009, 11:44   #2
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Its midweek which isn't great for me - but if you end up really struggling let me know.
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2009, 11:58   #3
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: London
Boat name: N/A
Length: no boat
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 40
Send a message via MSN to boomer
Hello there

I can be in the Scottish area around those dates and could help out if someone else can supply a boat and 2nd crewie.

Shane
__________________
boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2009, 15:12   #4
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: London
Boat name: N/A
Length: no boat
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 40
Send a message via MSN to boomer
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer View Post
Hello there

I can be in the Scottish area around those dates and could help out if someone else can supply a boat and 2nd crewie.

Shane
I will be able to organise another few bodies if a rib is available. Would we have to organise our own accommodation?
__________________
boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2009, 15:31   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: INVERURIE
Boat name: Ranger
Make: Ribcraft 5.45
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90 HP Outboard
MMSI: 235010772
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 78
I can help you out with that PM me and I will give you my contact details. I can provide a 5.5 Rib and be there for the whole week.
__________________
Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2009, 15:54   #6
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Nice looking restoration
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2009, 16:19   #7
Member
 
m chappelow's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
Nice looking restoration
during one service call she was lowered over and down a 200 ft perpendicular cliff face by the town ,she was rowed down the east coast last year from newcastle to whitby taking 3 days ,no matter how hard you can row her she only does 4 knots lol,,,though she does weigh 2and a half tons ,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S1030615.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	43420   Click image for larger version

Name:	S1030606.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	43421  
__________________
m chappelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2009, 16:30   #8
Member
 
m chappelow's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
I can help you out with that PM me and I will give you my contact details. I can provide a 5.5 Rib and be there for the whole week.
THANKYOU GRASSHOPPER thats fantastic ,will do ,and thankyou to the other rib netters who also offered ,polwart,jsp,boomer ,
__________________
m chappelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2009, 16:45   #9
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by m chappelow View Post
during one service call she was lowered over and down a 200 ft perpendicular cliff face by the town ,she was rowed down the east coast last year from newcastle to whitby taking 3 days ,no matter how hard you can row her she only does 4 knots lol,,,though she does weigh 2and a half tons ,
'Beautiful' wood work , turned supports under seats, etc .. a sadly lacking art form these days ... you know ... that type of boat could be thrashed against a rock in the course of its duty, and still perform, and be 100% water tight .. you cant say that of todays many constructions as good as they are.. looks a lovely finish .. thanks for posting the photos m chappelow wish you all the best on your voyage
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2009, 17:32   #10
Member
 
m chappelow's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
'Beautiful' wood work , turned supports under seats, etc .. a sadly lacking art form these days ... you know ... that type of boat could be thrashed against a rock in the course of its duty, and still perform, and be 100% water tight .. you cant say that of todays many constructions as good as they are.. looks a lovely finish .. thanks for posting the photos m chappelow wish you all the best on your voyage
Thanks Bigmuzz...dont forget in those days it was the best of boat building and technoligy ,,,oh and the ,,,woodern ships and iron men ,,,,,now its plastic ships and plastic men ,,and no nylon rope on this one ,,mart
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	whitby.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	43423  
__________________

__________________
m chappelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.