Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 21 April 2007, 17:46   #1
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,688
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Gonna try and get this one

It's a Lomac ( Italy) What you think if i can get it for a small exhorbitant price. Has a 2001 200hp Merc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	62d6_3[1].jpg
Views:	242
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	26311   Click image for larger version

Name:	5f85_3[1].jpg
Views:	195
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	26313  
__________________

__________________
Running around like a head with it's chicken cut off.
Limey Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2007, 17:54   #2
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,931
I would certainly like to try that out on a rough day first. Looks a little bum heavy to me.
__________________

__________________
http://www.xfire.com/download/
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2007, 17:57   #3
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,931
You know what. Seems like when you buy second hand its very rare you get a great boat. Often its a good boat with a naff engine or a naff boat with a good engine. Looks like this is the latter. Certainly if it was smaller I would steer clear of it but at the size your looking at it might be okay.
And if your carrying divers with tanks etc then I guess it will be fine.
__________________
http://www.xfire.com/download/
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2007, 18:03   #4
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,688
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Thanks Bigs. Do not think it is bum heavy judging by the position of the trailer axle. It has an open transom. I would take out the bottle racks and fit seating. It is only 20 miles from my home and I will look at tomorrow. price is about $10K/ 5k pounds.
__________________
Running around like a head with it's chicken cut off.
Limey Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2007, 18:09   #5
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,931
Price seems very good. Especially if it can be modified a little.
When you look at it. See if you can move the console forward. If the console is only held in with screws then all it will take is a couple of new cables to move it all forward. Then it would be a decent boat. And you wouldn't have to worry too much about getting loads of passengers to balance it out.
__________________
http://www.xfire.com/download/
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2007, 20:01   #6
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
Seems like when you buy second hand its very rare you get a great boat. Often its a good boat with a naff engine or a naff boat with a good engine.

So either that means no one is ever putting together great boats in the first place (and hence they never make it to the resale market) or that whenever someone has the perfect combo they don't resell it? And yet there probably aren't many people who buy a brand new boat and still have it 10 years later...
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2007, 20:22   #7
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
So either that means no one is ever putting together great boats in the first place (and hence they never make it to the resale market) or that whenever someone has the perfect combo they don't resell it? And yet there probably aren't many people who buy a brand new boat and still have it 10 years later...
I suspect that a lot of the good combinations get snapped up before they are properly advertised-and the second users don't sell them for a long time?
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2007, 20:42   #8
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,688
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Oi, you bunch of w-anchors. I asked for advice about a boat I had no info. on. You guys are supposed to be the experts. Then someone turns it into a debate about buying used boats. ( Thanks to Biggles for his advice).
__________________
Running around like a head with it's chicken cut off.
Limey Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2007, 20:53   #9
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
So either that means no one is ever putting together great boats in the first place (and hence they never make it to the resale market) or that whenever someone has the perfect combo they don't resell it? And yet there probably aren't many people who buy a brand new boat and still have it 10 years later...
Polwart. I don't understand your first answer. The second one is probably understandable and the third one. Well a ten year old boat will probably be okay but the engine is probably going to be a porker.

Just visit boats and outboards. Its most depressing trying to work your way through the thousands of adverts trying to find a genuine boat.

Nos4r2 probably has the right answer. If its a good boat and its priced fairly its probably going to go quick.

Don't you find it suprising how many people come on here asking for advice after looking at second hand boats and get told to buy the boat and change the engine for a better one at a later date. Thats probably when you find old boats with good engines. It seems like a vicious circle.

What I was originally trying to say was that it is very hard to find a decent boat (Whole package) second hand. There seems an awful lot of dross out their. I suppose as I've found out myself over the years buying a boat can be a very sharp and expensive learning curve. Oh and very dangerous if you get stuck out at sea.
__________________
http://www.xfire.com/download/
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2007, 03:43   #10
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
Polwart. I don't understand your first answer. The second one is probably understandable and the third one. Well a ten year old boat will probably be okay but the engine is probably going to be a porker.
there were only supposed to be two answers! Not sure I agree that every ten year old engine will be crap. It all depends on your budget - for £5k you aren't going to find a large boat with large engine and expect both to be in tip top condition.
Quote:
Just visit boats and outboards. Its most depressing trying to work your way through the thousands of adverts trying to find a genuine boat.
true - but I think B&O could be so much better as a site anyway. Free advertising encourages people to post dross as there is no loss if it doesn't sell.
Quote:
Nos4r2 probably has the right answer. If its a good boat and its priced fairly its probably going to go quick.
ok fair enough - so the question limey needs to be asking him/herself is - if it is such "a good engine boat combo at a good price" why is it still on the market?

Quote:
Don't you find it suprising how many people come on here asking for advice after looking at second hand boats and get told to buy the boat and change the engine for a better one at a later date. Thats probably when you find old boats with good engines. It seems like a vicious circle.
I hadn't given it any though - hence my question.

Quote:
What I was originally trying to say was that it is very hard to find a decent boat (Whole package) second hand. There seems an awful lot of dross out their. I suppose as I've found out myself over the years buying a boat can be a very sharp and expensive learning curve. Oh and very dangerous if you get stuck out at sea.
fair comment - and I think I would generally say I am of the opinion that time spend finding (and/or saving) for a boat (and engine) that are in good condition is time and money that won't be wasted fixiing it.
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.