I just got my first RIB Zodiac, and it's a bit of a project. Someone before me had some problems were the transom met the tubes and tried to seal it up with something that obviously didn't work. I've removed the patches and transom fitting and will begin prepping for glue. I have a few questions I was hoping you could help me with:
1. The strip that connects the tubes to the hull seems to be in good shape around most of the boat, except for about 1 foot from the transom (the strip is OK, the seal just broke). Can I re-glue just what I need to, or do I have to remove the whole strip and re-glue the whole thing?
2. What glue do I use for the transom fitting to the transom? The transom, I think, is a fibreglass coating over the plywood (everything seems sound and in good shape).
3. Can I reuse the transom fitting?
4. Can I reuse the strips connecting the hull to tubes, or should I get new ones?
5. What do you suggest I do first, the floor to tubes or transom? The may become obvious to me once I get into it a bit more
Any other advise?
Thanks in advance!