Old 29 March 2012, 15:23   #321

Town: Leicester
Boat name: excalibur
Make: Falcon & Avon
Length: 3m +
Engine: out and inboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox View Post
Just as a point of interest for those who have obtained CCJ's against this person, that unless you have paid (£50 I think) to the Court to have the CCJ registered it won't appear on his credit file, and thus others who do a search against him won't find anything detrimental, and may end up with an issue. A little quirk of the CCJ system I'm afraid.
That's news to me, I thought all CCJ's would be on record. I will find out more but I did know that CCJ's are only on record for 6 years and not until they are paid.
Old 29 March 2012, 17:15   #322

Town: Mallorca
Boat name: Amaroo
Make: Jeanneau & Seago 2.6
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard 200hp & 4hp
MMSI: 235104224
You definitely have to get them registered, it's just the cost I'm unsure about. It is around £50.

"By skill not force."
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2012, 17:55   #323
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Quote:
You definitely have to get them registered, it's just the cost I'm unsure about. It is around £50.
Can the fee be added to his debt?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2012, 22:04   #324

No. You have to secure the judgement, then register it. The problem is that nobody pays to register as there is no advantage to you, only the possibility that you may help others.

"By skill not force."
Old 31 March 2012, 07:12   #325

Town: Exmouth, Devon
Length: no boat
Quote:
According to Companies House the business was incorporated on the 17 June 2011 and the one and only Director is: Sarah Cooper.
The owner of a business does not need to be a director and a director does not need to be even a part owner. So he could truthfully be saying he owns the company. Anyone's guess what purpose this arrangement serves for him apart from keeping his name out of Companies House.
Old 08 April 2012, 12:09   #326

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Don't even think about it.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tohatsu-60...#ht_594wt_1025
Old 03 May 2012, 17:52   #327

Town: Sticks, N.Yorks
Boat name: Tamanco
Make: Honwave 3.5AE
Engine: Tohatsu Outboard
Outboardmotorseurope limited.

Feel like an idiot. Was looking for a motor through the usual medium of the internet sites Ebay/Apollo duck etc came across an engine I liked. Rang the guy, did a deal for the motor plus all the ancillary items & he said that he would drop it off on his way to pick up some equipment in Scotland thereby saving me delivery cost of a pallet. This was December, came and went through January occassional email having work done on the unit, waiting for a forklift to put it in the tank, new office, deal in Scotland imminent........really plausible. I'd paid on my debit card foolishly not realising that protection was only for 120 days (use a credit card). Upshot was I got no engine after 6 months of him having my money just relief at getting my money back. Trading as outboarmotorseurope limited on Apollo Duck 28 engines for sale, really impressive site but avoid like the plague it it !! Same Daniel Cooper with his mother Sarah named as a director. All I can say is watch this space as I've passed his details on.
Old 03 May 2012, 18:31   #328

Town: Leicester
Boat name: excalibur
Make: Falcon & Avon
Engine: out and inboard
I seem to recall Scotland being used as an excuse to me for numerous broken delivery promises. At least you, unlike me, recovered your money I simply got a badly damaged motor and had to buy another. Having repaired the one finaly delivered by Dan Cooper I now have two 8hp outboards.
Does Anyone want an 8hp Marriner?
Old 03 May 2012, 18:56   #329

Like always I did as much checking as I could, good feedback on Ebay etc it just doesn't help with anything until you get to Daniel or Sarah Cooper of Bury S Edmonds & this site !!! To be honest I've had a few sleepless night with this the upside of which is that my butcher doesn't need venison for a while !! The law always seems to be ineffective with these characters & they always re-appear. I'm quietly confident that his escapades will be dealt a painful blow in the not too distant future. Revenge is a dish best served cold I've always found.........
goes with " the good thing about a grudge, it keeps your memory sharp' ! Can't say too much on here.
Old 03 May 2012, 19:33   #330

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Is that Masham, North Yorks?
Old 10 May 2012, 21:44   #331
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Quote:
Just as a point of interest for those who have obtained CCJ's against this person, that unless you have paid (£50 I think) to the Court to have the CCJ registered it won't appear on his credit file, and thus others who do a search against him won't find anything detrimental, and may end up with an issue. A little quirk of the CCJ system I'm afraid.
This isn't correct. With a few exceptions, unless paid in full within 28 days CCJs automatically go on the register and stay there for six years. If it's paid after the 28 days the CCJ remains on the register but is marked as "satisfied". More details here: CCJs: What are they? - Trust Online

Once you have a judgement in your favour you do need to pay to have it enforced by one of several methods. Maybe that is what you are thinking of?
Old 10 May 2012, 21:52   #332
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
If your judgement is for £600 or more (including court fees) then transfer it up to the High Court and get some decent bailiffs onto it.

Magistrates Court bailiffs are generally hopeless but High Court Enforcement Officers are paid on results
OK, if anyone does have a judgement over £600 including court costs then I recommend that you get in touch with The Sherrifs Office and get them on the case.

I've just used them (for something not related to RIBs) and they did in a few weeks what the County Court bailliffs failed to do in months. There are of other companies out there offering similar services, but I've been very impressed with this lot. Just wish I'd known about them sooner!
Old 11 May 2012, 06:12   #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
This isn't correct. With a few exceptions, unless paid in full within 28 days CCJs automatically go on the register and stay there for six years. If it's paid after the 28 days the CCJ remains on the register but is marked as "satisfied". More details here: CCJs: What are they? - Trust Online

Once you have a judgement in your favour you do need to pay to have it enforced by one of several methods. Maybe that is what you are thinking of?
I'm not totally incorrect, as I'll explain.

I had taken two actions against an individual, one being a money judgement. I later discovered that whilst both orders were enforceable to have the CCJ registered as a CCJ, my legal representative should have advised me to take two separate actions. The issue with that is it is double the cost.

I single action for money (a CCJ) will be registered.

Sorry for any confusion. .

"By skill not force."
Old 11 May 2012, 07:07   #334

Town: Kings Lynn
Boat name: Blow 'N' Away
Make: Coastline
Engine: Suzuki 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
OK, if anyone does have a judgement over £600 including court costs then I recommend that you get in touch with The Sherrifs Office and get them on the case.

I've just used them (for something not related to RIBs) and they did in a few weeks what the County Court bailliffs failed to do in months. There are of other companies out there offering similar services, but I've been very impressed with this lot. Just wish I'd known about them sooner!
Does this apply to a CCJ judgement from @ 2008?, I had a dealer who didn't pay me for a ski that was sold by him under brokerage, he closed up and kept the money after being found guilty of running a business when banned and not filing or paying HMRC.

One day your life will flash in front of your eyes...Make sure it's worth watching!
Paul Cannell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 January 2013, 12:38   #335

Town: cambridge
Boat name: not
Make: don't know
Length: under 3m
Engine: yamaha ob
Our friend Dan is now Outboard Motors Europe Ltd out of Soham Cambs. He isn't a lot better, had to get a CCJ for payment..........wish I'd been here before I dealt with him :-(
Old 08 January 2013, 14:40   #336

The blokes a crook. Cambridge outboards, outboards 12 (ebay), outboard spares etc etc dan cooper is one of lifes dregs !!
Old 08 January 2013, 17:01   #337

Town: Fort William
Make: Ribcraft 585
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F115
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlers
The blokes a crook. Cambridge outboards, outboards 12 (ebay), outboard spares etc etc dan cooper is one of lifes dregs !!
Outboards 12 eh!

I was just talking about him the other day, both myself and my pal have both had bits bought by this lad and have not been paid, yet he still has 100% feedback?

Have you seen some of the prices he expects to get for parts? Mad money.
Old 08 January 2013, 17:09   #338

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
If he keeps this up it is surely only a matter of time before karma, actively enforced or not, catches up with him. The Internet has made the world, never mind the UK, a very small place!

Either that or he is getting a very unlucky reputation through circumstance.
Old 08 January 2013, 17:30   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
If he keeps this up it is surely only a matter of time before karma, actively enforced or not, catches up with him. The Internet has made the world, never mind the UK, a very small place!

Either that or he is getting a very unlucky reputation through circumstance.
Anybody near Cambridge able to get a photograph of this cowboy ??
Old 08 January 2013, 17:30   #340

Town: brierley hill
Boat name: rocknrolla
Make: osprey
Engine: outboard
Quote:
I'm not totally incorrect, as I'll explain.

I had taken two actions against an individual, one being a money judgement. I later discovered that whilst both orders were enforceable to have the CCJ registered as a CCJ, my legal representative should have advised me to take two separate actions. The issue with that is it is double the cost.

I single action for money (a CCJ) will be registered.

Sorry for any confusion. .
I have had dealings with these type of dirty bstds before with my mates boat the only register u should put them on is the AE register