Local Notice to Mariners 07-13
DARTMOUTH PUBLIC SLIPWAY – RESTRICTED USE
1. Dart Harbour LNTM 06-13 ‘Dartmouth Public Slipway Closed’ is hereby cancelled.
2. The Dartmouth public slipway is in position 50o 21.410’N 003o 34.582’W, adjoined to and just to the south of the Higher Ferry private slipway.
3. The public slipway, owned by South Hams District Council (SHDC) is severely restricted in its use by SHDC for safety reasons, until further notice. Use of the slipway is restricted by SHDC as follows:
a. No motorised vehicles are permitted to use the public slipway.
b. Vessel launching / recovery activity may only take place subject to the restriction at (a) above, and entirely at the users own risk.
4. Mariners and harbour users are to use the facility, if absolutely necessary, with extreme caution.
5. The Higher Ferry slipway, adjacent to the public slipway, is privately owned, and may not be used by the public at any time for safety reasons (operational cable ferry). The Higher Ferry remains open for business as usual.
Captain Rob Giles BEng MNI
Harbour Master 16th May 2013
This is not a monitored email account please use email@example.com