Town: WARSAW
Boat name: T1
Make: HIGHFIELD OM540DL
Length: 5m +
Engine: EVINRUDE 115 HO
MMSI: 261026640
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
I'd be buying a canopy for the bow Greek style or just changing the Rib for that.
Can you share the link how it looks and where to buy pls ?

>>>>

OK, I have followed you on RIB.net and found:

http://www.viotap.com/en/photo_galleries/7
Old 22 September 2016, 17:48   #23

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
As requested. Nice idea and I like the shape. Although internally not very well finished and very expensive!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByRIB Net1474566451.785965.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	116176
Old 23 September 2016, 18:05   #24

Town: Liverpool
Length: 10m +
Cover on Wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatFromPoland View Post
Is anyone making foldable/removable T-Top ?

2 ALU pipes near console fixed to the floor and maybe to console railings.
Another 2 between them and mast.
And roof made from sunbrella material moving along these two top pipes.

Not sure if it is good idea but I do not like concept of bi-mini.

This Rib-Shield looks interesting. I can easily order something like that in Polish small shipyard. But it is another big toy require space when dismounted.
These are good for 50mph 👍🏻
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5930.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	116184   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5931.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	116185  
Old 23 September 2016, 18:56   #25

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
Be fine for me and my minions then! ;-)

Probably get the family in the console too. LOL

Plenty of head room👍

Lions led by donkeys
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2016, 20:03   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour View Post
These are good for 50mph
It looks like some heavy duty material (not sure if better Sunbrella be enough) between A-Frame (mine is solid also) and console railings (these are week so I will need to add something ...)
Old 01 October 2016, 13:11   #27

Town: Abergavenny
Make: Parker
Length: 9m +
Engine: Inboard D
Hello Rib.net peoples,

I am one of the owners of Ribshield and I would never usually get involved in public discussions about our products however I thought this time, for fun, I would :0)

@ Nos4r2, I think I remember you visiting the stand, Tall, young chap, long fair hair and possibly glasses? If that is you then I distinctly recall that you were on and off the stand within 30 seconds. You asked how much it was, then made a comment about being better off buying a new cabin rib altogether and then left. My partner and I even commented on how brief it was.

So I think it only fair that I offer a few answers to your questions. The £6,500 is indeed including vat. It also included our own console, which gives access to the cuddy. However this is not mandatory. If you did not want our console and we are fitting the shield around your existing one, then the price is £5,000 incl vat/fitting. If you didn't want the interior lining and wanted a flo coat finish, then that also brings the price down even more... and so and so on.... (We're good like that)

Now with regards to the height issue. Nos4r2, you didn't ask if we could increase the height?! Well voila we can. We have an extendable mould so the height range is from 185 to 205cm. We certainly wouldn't want you banging your head on the roof every time you went out for a spin :0) By the way, it wasn't a "giant cut away part" you saw. The ribshield can come with or without side panels. Offering an enclosed or open helm area while still getting head on protection.

(Everyone wants to be a Hugo Montgomery-Swan)

With regards to another comment made on this thread about ones electrics having to be "ripped apart" when we fit one of our shields around an existing console. This statement is simply nonsense. There is no ripping of electrics anywhere on any of our projects, ever! We have a highly experienced electrical engineer who carry's out not only the fitting of the shield but also all electrical works. On that note by the way, there is always easy access given to the electrical area of a console as well as fuel tanks.

Final thought:
My father, partners and I have been building grp boats and cabins for over 40 years. (myself for 20 years) And yes this our first real commercial "production line product". It is 100% perfect for all, no. Will it suit everyone, of course not. There is no one rib on the market which suits everyone so we cant expect to satisfy everyone either. It does however work, it does get very well and professionally fitted and comes with a 10 year warranty for peace of mind. More than that though, it does fill an increasing need in the boating market, in northern Europe particularly, to give more people the opportunity to get themselves and their families out on the water for more days of the year. This is the way the rib market is going and rib manufacturers will to need to catch up and start producing sensibly priced cabins ribs. Until then we will happily do our best to refurbish your vessel into something the whole family can enjoy. (especially the wives!)
Some people think our price point is a high. (£3,000 - £6,500) Let me tell you that GRP manufacturing is an expensive and highly skilled yet dying profession. Not as many youngsters are getting into the game as there used to be. However at ribshield we genuinely do our best to work within our clients budgets. We actually carry out more bespoke cabin work than the ribshield prefabricated range and these clients can often pay double the ribshield prices.

All the above fun aside, we do take on all of your comments here of course and just know that the ribshield has other versions already in development to widen the range and to hopefully satisfy more good people like yourselves.

Many thanks for reading
James
Old 01 October 2016, 14:03   #28

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
That's a good response and well done you for putting yourself in the firing line! Perhaps you'd like to sign up as a trade member?
Old 01 October 2016, 14:07   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
That's a good response and well done you for putting yourself in the firing line! Perhaps you'd like to sign up as a trade member?
Thank you JWalker, that's much appreciated. And actually yes good advice, I think I will sign up as a trade member.

BW
James
Old 01 October 2016, 14:07   #30

Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
(Everyone wants to be a Hugo Montgomery-Swan)
Old 01 October 2016, 15:59   #31

Town: global
Boat name: VSR
James,

Thanks for chiming in and clarifying some facts. I will say I too was a bit skeptical and not too keen on the concept as the way your product & concept was described in earlier posts. For one thing I thought it was a "do it yourself" from China and you had to try to keep your own console for £6,500.

Knowing that the price includes the fitting and finishing (turn key) included in the price while maybe high for small rib owners where their rib is valued less than the cabin itself, it definitely changes things and is much more reasonable for the ones who do indeed need a cabin. There are so many used 7m-8m open commercial & rescue ribs that would benefit greatly with a cabin added.

May I ask where you build these cabins and where you fit and finish the clients ribs?

Are their larger cabin models available that will give you a bit more elbow room and could you post some photo's of ribs that you have fitted with your cabins? I'm curious how you attach and seal the cabins to the rib.

Very interested to see the way the interior looks and how a side & rear profile of these cabins look on a finished rib. Tried looking on your website but with the photo's shown I was not able to get a good idea or feel of how product product was finished on a rib or how the interior looks.

On rib.net we can never get enough pictures. We're looking forward to seeing them.

Cheers
Old 01 October 2016, 16:12   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailrib View Post
James,

Thanks for chiming in and clarifying some facts. I will say I too was a bit skeptical and not too keen on the concept as the way your product & concept was described in earlier posts. For one thing I thought it was a "do it yourself" from China and you had to try to keep your own console for £6,500.

Knowing that the price includes the fitting and finishing (turn key) included in the price while maybe high for small rib owners where their rib is valued less than the cabin itself, it definitely changes things and is much more reasonable for the ones who do indeed need a cabin. There are so many used 7m-8m open commercial & rescue ribs that would benefit greatly with a cabin added.

May I ask where you build these cabins and where you fit and finish the clients ribs?

Are their larger cabin models available that will give you a bit more elbow room and could you post some photo's of ribs that you have fitted with your cabins? I'm curious how you attach and seal the cabins to the rib.

Very interested to see the way the interior looks and how a side & rear profile of these cabins look on a finished rib. Tried looking on your website but with the photo's shown I was not able to get a good idea or feel of the product was finished on a rib or how the interior looks. Looks like your website is still maybe under construction.

On rib.net we can never get enough pictures.

Cheers
Hi Sailrib,

You are correct in that the prefabricated ribshield range is best suited to 7m+ ribs. We are however developing something which will look different and better for the 5m-7m market.
We manufacture on 2 sites. Galway in Ireland and not far from Cardiff in Wales. Nothing is china made or imported.

Attached are a few internal images of some of the projects we have completed recently. Both ribshield and other bespoke cabin work.

Regards
James
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2006_0101salefor0382.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	116417   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0101salefor0384.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	116418   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0101salefor0383.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	116419   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0102_172706AA.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	116420   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0205salefor0010.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	116421  

Old 01 October 2016, 16:43   #33
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Quote:

@ Nos4r2, I think I remember you visiting the stand, Tall, young chap, long fair hair and possibly glasses? If that is you then I distinctly recall that you were on and off the stand within 30 seconds. You asked how much it was, then made a comment about being better off buying a new cabin rib altogether and then left. My partner and I even commented on how brief it was.
Might have been me, and my comment was that for what I'd sell my boat for plus the cost of your cabin I could buy a 2nd hand cabin rib of around the same age.
I said 'large' not giant cutaway btw, and I like the idea of the sidepanels, even more if they're removable.

I didn't ask about the height because I realised after seeing the size of the cabin that I'd be better off buying and fitting a full cabin console.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 October 2016, 16:45   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailrib View Post
James,

Very interested to see the way the interior looks and how a side & rear profile of these cabins look on a finished rib. Tried looking on your website but with the photo's shown I was not able to get a good idea or feel of how product product was finished on a rib or how the interior looks.

On rib.net we can never get enough pictures. We're looking forward to seeing them.

Cheers
Hi Sailrib,

I'll post some images on the classifieds trade area as I cannot on this general discussion thread.

With regards to your other question we manufacture in Galway, Ireland and near Cardiff, Wales. I'll pm you with the other answers.

regards
James
Old 01 October 2016, 16:49   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Might have been me, and my comment was that for what I'd sell my boat for plus the cost of your cabin I could buy a 2nd hand cabin rib of around the same age.
I said 'large' not giant cutaway btw, and I like the idea of the sidepanels, even more if they're removable.

I didn't ask about the height because I realised after seeing the size of the cabin that I'd be better off buying and fitting a full cabin console.
No harm no foul friend :0) And yes they are removable.

Let's remember why we get out there in the first place. To enjoy ourselves

J
Old 02 October 2016, 08:26   #36

Town: Castlebar
Boat name: Clewless
Make: Valiant DR 490
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60 hp ETEC
MMSI: Awaitng one
RIBase
I like the look of that development
Tsm
Old 02 October 2016, 13:18   #37

Quote:
Let me tell you that GRP manufacturing is an expensive and highly skilled yet dying profession. Not as many youngsters are getting into the game as there used to be.
In Poland there are whole areas (near Baltic Sea or Mazury - called "land of thousands lakes") with plenty (small, medium, big) boats manufactures.

If you have a lot orders (I wish you) I can contact you with some Family businesses - really good quality (even infusion is possible) for really good price I suppose. Employees and owners are second or third generations of boat builders. Whole life in GRP development.