Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 01 April 2014, 08:02   #1

Make: Zodiac MKII
Length: 4m +
Buying advice (Zodiac cherokee 480 + 90hp optimax)

Hi everyone.

Im still new on the forum and I must say that I enjoy all the tips and comments I have received.

I have become quite hooked on the whole idea of having RIB since I moved to the southern archipelago in Sweden (karlskrona).

I would like you opinions on a early -90s Zodiac Cherokee with an 90hp mercury optimax from 2005 (saltwater edition) with a rudimentary trailer. Its posted for 65k swedish crowns (6030GBP). I have found an identical engine from 2007 on sale for 30k SEK (2800GBP) so Im wondering what an acceptable price would be for the cherokee with engine and trailer.
The seller claims the engine has been regularly serviced and that it has 150h running time.
Probably going to check it out this weekend and I am trying to get my head around what price range my bid should be and what things to look out for when inspecting this particular boat.

1. Whats it worth?
2. What to look at when inspecting the boat+engine? (other than the normal gear oil check)
3. If you have experience with this particular zodiac model and/or engine - whats your general opinion?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-09-08 12.39.57.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	92891   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-09-08 12.40.35.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	92892