Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 12 June 2012, 01:05   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: surrey
Length: 7m +
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 322
covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorhandler View Post
Wow, your glass is definately half empty ..

I think you'l find that we are a long way from being considered Covercare's core business. In fact when our orders go in we get put at the bottom of the pile like anyone else.
Sure they may give me a slightly better price due to the higher volume of orders that we place but if you actually meet the couple that run it you will soon realise how genuine they actually are.
I have chosen to repeatedly use Covercare not necessarily because of the prices but because of the personal service they provide and nowadays, personal service goes a long way!

Try them one day for a quote, i'm sure you wont be disapointed.

Simon
it was a poor joke! however i will call them to get a quote. (obviously working at the marine terminal doesn't do much for the sense of humour!)
__________________

__________________
wellhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2012, 02:14   #12
Member
 
Anchorhandler's Avatar
 
Country: France
Town: Huisnes sur Mer
Boat name: Raufoss
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 50
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellhouse

it was a poor joke! however i will call them to get a quote. (obviously working at the marine terminal doesn't do much for the sense of humour!)
Yes, working for ESSO does tend to put a damper on the joviality at times... You soon learn what Esso actually stands for...Eat, Sleep, Sh*T and Overtime. :-)

Simon
__________________

__________________
C'est pas l'homme qui prend la mer, c'est la mer qui prend l'homme....
Anchorhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2012, 03:21   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: surrey
Length: 7m +
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 322
work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorhandler View Post
Yes, working for ESSO does tend to put a damper on the joviality at times... You soon learn what Esso actually stands for...Eat, Sleep, Sh*T and Overtime. :-)

Simon
i thought it was ''Every Saturday and Sunday Off''
__________________
wellhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2012, 03:57   #14
Trade member
 
Dry Run's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: portsmouth
Boat name: Hullabaloo
Make: Humber
Length: 8m +
Engine: 225 Optimax
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 655
RIBase
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Actually, Covercare is the company that we currently use and in the past have provided us with great covers, reasonable prices and good service. Unfortunately the service element has "gone south" a bit of late. I now get "We'll come down one evening and measure up - when we're next in your area". That was a few weeks ago and my customers are now chasing me for their covers - and they haven't even been measured yet!!!!

Not looking to bash Covercare (as I say we've used them for the last 6 years) but need a better level of service than currently getting!

Regards
Dry Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2012, 04:32   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Poole
Boat name: Aquaholic
Make: Avon
Length: 3m +
Engine: Ouboard
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
We are a social enterprise based at the Remploy factory in Poole, we are undertake boat cover repairs and would be happy to provide a free quote. Specialist Boat Cover Repairs | The best Specialist Boat Cover Repairs in the UK offering a local drop off or courier collect and return service
Call Tony on 01202 743445
__________________
boatcoverrepairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2012, 08:00   #16
Member
 
Anchorhandler's Avatar
 
Country: France
Town: Huisnes sur Mer
Boat name: Raufoss
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 50
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Run
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Actually, Covercare is the company that we currently use and in the past have provided us with great covers, reasonable prices and good service. Unfortunately the service element has "gone south" a bit of late. I now get "We'll come down one evening and measure up - when we're next in your area". That was a few weeks ago and my customers are now chasing me for their covers - and they haven't even been measured yet!!!!

Not looking to bash Covercare (as I say we've used them for the last 6 years) but need a better level of service than currently getting!

Regards

Yep, i do know what you mean.... Unfortunately keen pricing means that demand is high. Its not too much of an issue for us to wait but appreciate that if your waiting to protect your pride and joy from all this "sunshine" we have been having then it could become quite frustrating.
I speak to Covercare quite regularly and one of their biggest complaints is that a high proportion of orders they receive are "rush" jobs. Everybody leaves their cover requirements to the last minute meaning they need the covers to be made ASAP. (or so they reckon).
Still, IMHO the quality is great and so is the pricing.... Just be prepared to wait for you cover to be produced.

Simon
__________________
C'est pas l'homme qui prend la mer, c'est la mer qui prend l'homme....
Anchorhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2012, 10:07   #17
Member
 
sax player's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: plymouth
Boat name: teal
Make: crompton
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x 100 yamaha
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 31
having had two covers made from these guys i can well recomend them : Slik Cut.
Sails and Canvas | Devon | Slik Cut
shaun
__________________
sax player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2012, 10:16   #18
Member
 
Nick Hearne's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax player View Post
having had two covers made from these guys i can well recomend them : Slik Cut.
Sails and Canvas | Devon | Slik Cut
shaun
I have had a good look at this one they made & really like it, great bit of work!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sea_N_Shore_Salcombe_005.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	69276   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sea_N_Shore_Salcombe_008.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	69277  
__________________
Member of the Ribeye supporters club!!!
Member of Bombard 380 Aerotec club
Member of SR4 club
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2012, 13:07   #19
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cambs
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 225 Opti
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 356
Sea Swan made mine and they are great.
__________________
Portholme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2012, 17:22   #20
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: EXETER
Boat name: Scorpion
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 90HP 4stroke
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hearne View Post
I have had a good look at this one they made & really like it, great bit of work!
I really like the look of this! My partner says she particularly likes the front cuddy cover which would offer some protection in bad weather.

will give them a call on Monday as they are not that far from my boat in Torbay.
__________________

__________________
Wahoo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.