Old 19 September 2019, 04:43   #21

Town: Ipswich
Boat name: Click and Collect
Make: Valiant and Narwhal
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHildreth View Post
With all you help and advice, I now know the RIB to look out for. A 3.8 or 4 meter rib, aluminium hull. Helm and seating for a little one and a further adult, not forgetting the dog! I just want to thank you all for taking the time to offer me the advice I needed. I am humbled that there are still good willing members of the public out there. I missed out on a Brig 3.8 on Ebay last night. Although it may have been a blessing in disguise, as the asking price was just short of £5000, for a 2017 3.8 brig falcon. Others I researched were all touching 10, 000. I suppose I will never know. If you browsing ribs and remember me, please send me the details of any suitabke rib. Right now i am being told by my better half that i am becoming obsessed!
Thank you all again
Andy
Becoming obsessed is the best way to find a Bargain
Old 19 September 2019, 15:55   #22

Town: Warrington
Boat name: Looking
Make: Looking
Length: 3m +
Engine: Looking
Wetline 350 rib

Going to have a look at a wetline 350, with 30hp Suzuki, could anyone shed any advice please, as what to look out for or obvious questions I need to ask. Does anyone have any experience with these. Been online cannot find much on them
Old 19 September 2019, 16:43   #23

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Never been in one but was looking down at one on the pontoon the other month.

Our SIB is 3.8m and it's not that roomy. That Wetline at 3.5m... assuming with a 30hp it will have console and jockey... is going to have almost no floor area left for people and the dog.
Old 19 September 2019, 18:49   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Never been in one but was looking down at one on the pontoon the other month.

Our SIB is 3.8m and it's not that roomy. That Wetline at 3.5m... assuming with a 30hp it will have console and jockey... is going to have almost no floor area left for people and the dog.
Thanks very much for the advice, have spoken with him and the engins is 2002, 2 stroke, no service history and the rib is 2000. He is asking 3200. It has a double jockey seat. I think he may be asking to much, advertised on gumtree in talybont
Old 19 September 2019, 19:21   #25

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
If you definitely want a RIB rather than a solid floor SIB then take some time to research, a 3.5m RIB with console is a hoot with one but as much use as a chocolate fire guard as a family boat.

Price is too much for that. Forum favourite and what I’d get is a SR4 or 4.7 but again all depends what/where/who you want to do/go with it.

The SIB I linked earlier shows how much you can get for your money but patience and research is key.
Old 19 September 2019, 19:32   #26

Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
Hmm we used to launch an Avon 3.4m rib with 25hp at morfa nefyn 2 adults a child and a dog would be hard work it had a 2 man jockey and bow seat critically this was trailered. Sold it last year for £3k....look at what’s for sale at places like boatshed, dickies, land and sea, ideal boat, madog boats etc

And offer why you think the boat is worth the advertised price is often a work of fiction
Old 19 September 2019, 19:33   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max... View Post
If you definitely want a RIB rather than a solid floor SIB then take some time to research, a 3.5m RIB with console is a hoot with one but as much use as a chocolate fire guard as a family boat.

Price is too much for that. Forum favourite and what I’d get is a SR4 or 4.7 but again all depends what/where/who you want to do/go with it.

The SIB I linked earlier shows how much you can get for your money but patience and research is key.
Really appreciate you comment, so so helpful. 9n reflection, I will no longer be viewing the boat. If you have any further information, please message me, I do appreciate the time taken for all of you to offer sound advice, thanks again
Old 19 September 2019, 20:17   #28

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Personally I’d start with circa £2k on a nice looked after known brand 3.8/4m SIB outfit and see how boating works for you. Then take it from there...
Old 20 September 2019, 09:17   #29

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
I'd tend to agree with Max... a tiller SIB outfit will have far more family room within this size range... also will retain its value and be less of a liability all round.

Then if you have a better idea of what you want an upgrade can be made next season with little or no loss.

>>> engine is 2002, 2 stroke, no service history

Do bear in mind many early/mid 2000s 2-stroke outboards of 25hp and under are simple to maintain and often in great condition. They will almost never have any service records... even the good ones. Asking about the current owners use and perhaps what's been done to it over the past year or two is about all you can expect.
Old 20 September 2019, 14:16   #30

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
nice little set up

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AB-OXXEAN...p2056016.l4276
Old 20 September 2019, 15:48   #31

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Tiny Dancer
Make: Valiant
Engine: 50hp outboard
How about something like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avon-Rib-...4AAOSwQy9df0Ue
The seating arrangement should mean you are all comfortable and there might even be room for a dog. Ignore the title on the auction - it is an Avon 3.45.
Or if you want it’s bigger brother here is a nice looking 4m Searider
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avon-SR4-...0AAOSwmbVdcQin