Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 11 August 2009, 03:44   #101
Member
 
Country: France
Town: Nantes
Boat name: A l'Attaque
Make: Sea-Way
Length: 6m +
Engine: Not here yet
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 455
Register your boat in Belgium and you won't need to put up with the French rules. Most of us do that. I don't want to take a life raft just because I want to go to Alderney. Anyway, Alderney doesn't count because by the time you're in French waters you're within the 6 NM range and they can't "control you" (thats not very English sounding) outside of their waters. It used to be a problem for going to l'ile d'Yeu and so they changed the law from 5 NM to 6NM.
__________________

__________________
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2009, 16:40   #102
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,948
RIBase
yes i know alot of people register their boats in belguim however isnt it just as easy to register it in England? easier in fact since thats where I plan on buying from!
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2009, 05:31   #103
Member
 
Country: France
Town: Nantes
Boat name: A l'Attaque
Make: Sea-Way
Length: 6m +
Engine: Not here yet
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 455
In England you officially need to have an English address and live in England more than 6 months a year. I don't think anybody is going to check that you're actually in England more than 6 months a year though

PM
__________________
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2009, 12:25   #104
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,948
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
In England you officially need to have an English address and live in England more than 6 months a year. I don't think anybody is going to check that you're actually in England more than 6 months a year though

PM
I do live in england for more then 6 months of the year

(above appears to be the exact wording of the pm i replied with lol
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 September 2009, 14:29   #105
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Nice RIB Mollers
Cheers JSP.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 September 2009, 16:35   #106
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 690
I've just caught up with this thread.

Just a word of caution. The Osprey range although reasonable craft tend to suffer from quite high depreciation. One of the reasons for this are that they have a reputation of being home built kits.

Of course they may be finished to the very highest quality, but you will find many buyers shy away from these boats for that very reason.

As for Ribeye. Well I think everyone is in agreement that these are highly sort after and hold their value extremely well. I should know having received a superb price for my well used 750 Sport a while back.
__________________
timw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 September 2009, 17:13   #107
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw View Post
Just a word of caution. The Osprey range although reasonable craft tend to suffer from quite high depreciation. One of the reasons for this are that they have a reputation of being home built kits.

Of course they may be finished to the very highest quality, but you will find many buyers shy away from these boats for that very reason.
The buying public may be misguided then as I have never heard of consoles/seats falling off any home made boats as opposed to some "professionally" finished boats.

As a casual independent observer I don't think I have noticed a problem with depreciation on Ospreys (indeed some Osprey owners claim very good resale values). Resale prices on Ribeyes are good - which is a little surprising given the relatively high numbers in circulation.
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 September 2009, 17:34   #108
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,948
RIBase
nice to see my thread coming back 2 life!! Just to upddate, I am in serious talks with someone selling a 6.5 ozzer. I have been to see it and I hope to go for a sea trail in coming weeks.
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 September 2009, 18:19   #109
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
The buying public may be misguided then as I have never heard of consoles/seats falling off any home made boats as opposed to some "professionally" finished boats.

As a casual independent observer I don't think I have noticed a problem with depreciation on Ospreys (indeed some Osprey owners claim very good resale values). Resale prices on Ribeyes are good - which is a little surprising given the relatively high numbers in circulation.
Polwart, well done for your considered response to such idiotic mischief making.
Is Timw now attempting to wreck the sale of an Osprey? What are your thoughts JK?
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 September 2009, 18:27   #110
Member
 
falcon0310's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: surrey
Boat name: el nino
Make: tornado humber
Length: 7m +
Engine: outboards
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 958
have look at ring sure mike would do you deal recon there best and tubes are made by ribcraft
__________________

__________________
falcon0310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.