Old 16 February 2017, 12:44   #1

Town: Benfleet
Make: Honda Honwave T40
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 18 4 stroke
Hi guys from Essex.

Hello everyone.

I'm in sunny old Essex not far from Southend on sea. I brought myself a Honda Honwave T40- AE and a 2013 Tohatsu 18hp 4 stroke for a bit of summer fun with the family. Hope to meet up with some of you out on the water this summer.

Cliff.
Old 16 February 2017, 12:49   #2

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
hi cliff

just been working down your end on the prittlebrooke tunnel outfall comes out near where dom littlewood lives or did on the seafront.
good choice of rig enjoy send some pics in and a report on the rig when you get her out and the chance

jeff
Old 16 February 2017, 16:35   #3

Hi Jeff,

Did you get to meet Dom ?

I can't wait to get her inflated and out on the water. Hope to have it on the trailer and ready to go in couple of weeks, so I'll post some pictures here soon.
Old 16 February 2017, 17:04   #4

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff B View Post
Hi Jeff,

Did you get to meet Dom ?

I can't wait to get her inflated and out on the water. Hope to have it on the trailer and ready to go in couple of weeks, so I'll post some pictures here soon.
no mate didnt meet him although he was 20 yrds away talking to someone and we were with the client looking at the access to the tunnel so both busy and iam not one to impose, its funny who you meet along the way last year i was down that way and met a guy who went to sckool with micky flanagan my favarite comic.
back to the boat its a good time to get her set up ready for the season so its all go when it turns better weather,i trailed mine up the east coast last week didnt get her in seas too rough but thats how it goes.
look forward to seeing it set up lots of advice on hear if you need it just shout someone will be along to advise.
Old 16 February 2017, 18:18   #5

I'm off out in the morning to pick up some other bits (cover, bow bag and seat bag) I should have everything ready for that first bit of sunshine.

What set up do you have Jeff?
Old 16 February 2017, 23:13   #6

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Cliff welcome to the forum. Decent outfit you have there. I had the 3.5 Honwave and really liked it but a bit heavy for the daily inflate we do. Fine with a trailer though.

Our favoured "nearest" sea launch location is just a little north of you at West Mersea.

Do chuck some pics up when you've been out... are you new to boating or an old hand?

David
Old 17 February 2017, 07:33   #7

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff B View Post
I'm off out in the morning to pick up some other bits (cover, bow bag and seat bag) I should have everything ready for that first bit of sunshine.

What set up do you have Jeff?
i ve got a mercury 3.65 HD XS with 25 suzuki just a tad short on you as its the same as the old 3.80 just the cones are shorter, ive down sized from a 6m rib and i love this little set up i like to get in close to the the shore/rocks and this is ideal lots of fun and cheap to run once your set up just petrol, service once a year & a set of wheel bearings if you launch wet as i do.once your run in if its a new engine youll be off.
as david has asked dont know if your an old hand but if you need a bit of help with set up, engine height, prop pitch etc loads of guys have had your set up or similar to help.
Old 17 February 2017, 17:43   #8

I had a Sims Super V with an Evinrude 55 about 20 years ago that was a lot of fun, in fact I've still got the 55 it's on the back of a Shetland Family four, had it about a year as a restoration project. Sadly I've not had the time it needs and I just want to get back out on the water. Hence the Honwave. So although I've not really got a clue what I'm doing as it's been alumni while I'm hoping it will be like riding a bike. But I will be bombarding you guys with questions because I'm new to this blow up lifestyle lol.
Old 17 February 2017, 18:14   #9

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
My boating goes back to childhood and has continued on and off over the decades. Have owned and spent time on larger craft but love the useability vs storage a SIB gives you.

Those Shetlands have a good hull shape, many in this area a little wasted on the river with small OBs.
Old 17 February 2017, 18:52   #10

RIBase
You're yearning for it cliff hence the new boat it will all fall into place soon as you start, like David I started at 13 build my own canoe at school loads of SIBS, RIBS & hard boats since at, 63 I still have a great passion for it and never tier of it.
Have a good first trip