Old 24 July 2011, 05:27   #1

Town: Bangkok
Boat name: RIB 410 Open
Make: Lodestar
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 40hp
Hello from Thailand

Hi everyone,
I am a British expat living in Thailand and I have just purchased a Lodestar RIB 410 Open in yellow Hypalon. I actually originally bought their PVC SIB 430 but after the second use it developed leaks where the fold lines were. The shop were great and took it back straight away and as they didn't have a boat to replace it with (it was their old stock I think) I got a killer deal on the RIB, delivered straight from the factory. The quality of the Hypalon RIB is much much better than the original PVC SIB and I am very happy with it. I am using a 40hp 2 stroke Tohatsu which is the maximum allowed for the boat, it was great on the SIB and I am hoping will be even better on the RIB. I am looking forward to testing out the new RIB over the next couple of days around some lovely tropical islands along the coast here while doing a bit of fishing for King Mackerel.
Cheers
Old 26 July 2011, 13:42   #2

Town: Encinitas, CA
Boat name: Dont have one!
Make: TBD
Length: no boat
Engine: Will be outboard
I'm visiting Thailand later in the year! Where in Thailand are you located?
Old 26 July 2011, 19:43   #3

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Welcome.
Old 20 August 2011, 10:50   #4

Town: Vermilion, Ohio
Boat name: Red Leppelin
Make: Achilles
Length: 4m +
Engine: none...yet
MMSI: What's that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjbs View Post
Hi everyone,
I am a British expat living in Thailand and I have just purchased a Lodestar RIB 410 Open in yellow Hypalon. I actually originally bought their PVC SIB 430 but after the second use it developed leaks where the fold lines were. The shop were great and took it back straight away and as they didn't have a boat to replace it with (it was their old stock I think) I got a killer deal on the RIB, delivered straight from the factory. The quality of the Hypalon RIB is much much better than the original PVC SIB and I am very happy with it. I am using a 40hp 2 stroke Tohatsu which is the maximum allowed for the boat, it was great on the SIB and I am hoping will be even better on the RIB. I am looking forward to testing out the new RIB over the next couple of days around some lovely tropical islands along the coast here while doing a bit of fishing for King Mackerel.
Cheers

How long is your boat and how fast does the 40hp push it? I have a used 13ft(about 4.4m) I just bought-my first inflatable. It is rated for 50hp. Since the boat has some age on it, and funds are limited, I am thinking of setting a 40hp on the back. I want to get the biggest engine I can afford for speed. Thanks ahead for answering my questions.