Old 14 August 2013, 09:42   #1

Hello from Plymouth

Hi all, my first post here. What a great forum!

Some history about myself...I used to sail when I was around 13-14 however due to a house move and circumstances changing I stopped. However 10 years later I have decided I wanted to get back on the water! I used to sail small single-handed yachts e.g mirror, laser etc. But I wanted something motor powered and which I could fit a few people so I could take friends out on the water in the summer to eat, fish etc.

So recently myself and a couple of friends as a little adventure acquired a 4 metre RIB with 25hp outboard. Plymouth is a fantastic location for recreational cruising in such a boat because Plymouth Sound is the ideal place where you can go out on a whim with minimal equipment in relative safety (don't worry we have life jackets, VHF etc) and generally potter around and do whatever and you're never too far from anything should you get into trouble.

Anyway, a few of us will be out tonight watching the fireworks again. If you're out give us a wave (we'll probably the only RIB out!) also monitoring channels 8 and 77. Don't have a name or callsign yet but we'll probably be close to the police boat again, right on the edge of the exclusion zone.

Hope to see some of you around!
Old 26 August 2013, 05:01   #2

Town: Crewe
Boat name: BLACK BOSS
Make: humber & searider
Length: 9m +
Engine: 2x200 ETEC & 2x40
MMSI: ex directory
RIBase
hi there and welcome