Old 19 March 2007, 12:45   #1

Town: Puerto de Mazarron
Boat name: Cape of good hope
Make: unknown
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2 engines outboard
Send a message via MSN to daandesmit
Re-tube RHIB in Spain

My RHIB in South of Spain (Murcia) needs to be re-tubed. Collar (lenght 5.75 meters) is glued to the hull (lenght 5.30 meters, beam 1.80 meters).
My RIB is South African (old modell Zodiac based) manufactured and I just cant find a re-tubing company over here.
My RIB is based in Puerto de Mazarron (Murcia province). Is there anyone who could advice me where to search or to go.
Old 19 March 2007, 20:02   #2

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Engine: Etec 150
Would it be such a big deal to put it on a trailer and tow it to the UK? Then you can get it done by one of the best - UK seems to be the centre of the RIB universe as far as excellence goes. I think that's what I would do in your position - I would have done the same but it would have been £5000 to freight mine to the UK and back which was a bit too much!

Or they may be able to supply a re-tubing kit with instructions if you fancy doing it yourself (I didn't) - assuming they have a template for that boat. If they don't, your other option is to cut the old tubes off, post them away to one of the re-tubing companies like Henshaws or Paul Tilley and they can use the old ones for a template I think.

Sent from my Computer, using a keyboard and mouse
BogMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2007, 20:40   #3
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogMonster View Post
Would it be such a big deal to put it on a trailer and tow it to the UK? Then you can get it done by one of the best - UK seems to be the centre of the RIB universe as far as excellence goes. I think that's what I would do in your position - I would have done the same but it would have been £5000 to freight mine to the UK and back which was a bit too much!

Or they may be able to supply a re-tubing kit with instructions if you fancy doing it yourself (I didn't) - assuming they have a template for that boat. If they don't, your other option is to cut the old tubes off, post them away to one of the re-tubing companies like Henshaws or Paul Tilley and they can use the old ones for a template I think.
Given that Penel (who make hypalon) are french - I would assume there is somewhere closer than the u.k.
Old 23 March 2007, 22:28   #4

Town: Hayle, Kernow
Boat name: Spare RIB
Make: Narwhal
Engine: 130 Yam Outboard
http://www.narwhal.es/

They use PVC... or used too

Shaggy