Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye1 View Post
lockieboi

Probably will go to Minnis Bay, or may possibly try Sandwich Bay. If I catch anything I will let you know.

Popeye
Did you get out mate,bloody windy where we were ,fished off dungy as well 1 small Bass,still was nice to try the engine out.

Old 22 May 2011, 15:06   #12

Town: Orpington
Make: Seapro 340HD
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound View Post
Did you get out mate,bloody windy where we were ,fished off dungy as well 1 small Bass,still was nice to try the engine out.

Hi Thorny

Yes got out on Saturday, it was absolutely brilliant!!! I love sibbing. The boat out perfomed all my expectations I could not fault it in anyway. Launched about 9AM, that was a mistake! As it was a big tide, and I launched right at bottom of the ebb! pushed and heaved it accross 300 metres of sand! I will be picking my tides better next time.

When we launched it was fairly calm, with little or no wind, but as the tide started to flood the wind picked up and it was fairly rough out there, with a lot of white horses. The boat remained completely dry at all times. It sits at anchor beautifully, and is very comfortable to fish from. It doesn't take to kindly to pottering along in a swell, but when you open it up and get on the plane it just skips over the waves with no slamming. I was extremely impressed.

Now onto the fishing! Anchored at first spot, forgot to release the sleeve from the grapnel, so I had slung it over still retracted!! Moved to another spot where there was a Warrior fishing, and anchored about 50 metres abreast of him. I was using peeler crab as bait, straight away a doggy of about 2LB, rebaited with a massive peeler leaving all his legs and claws on and just removing the shell of his back. Suddenly bang, the rod is bent over, reel in, and it's a bass of about 6LB plus. I had 8 smooth hounds biggest probably 5lb, but plenty of small ones!!

We had the Bass for lunch today, four of us! There was so much there. I am aching all over today, but what a lovely feeling it is. I so enjoyed it. I absolutely love sibbing.

Hopefully we can meet up soon.

Regards

Popeye

Old 23 May 2011, 12:58   #13

Quote:
Hi Thorny

Yes got out on Saturday, it was absolutely brilliant!!! I love sibbing. The boat out perfomed all my expectations I could not fault it in anyway. Launched about 9AM, that was a mistake! As it was a big tide, and I launched right at bottom of the ebb! pushed and heaved it accross 300 metres of sand! I will be picking my tides better next time.

When we launched it was fairly calm, with little or no wind, but as the tide started to flood the wind picked up and it was fairly rough out there, with a lot of white horses. The boat remained completely dry at all times. It sits at anchor beautifully, and is very comfortable to fish from. It doesn't take to kindly to pottering along in a swell, but when you open it up and get on the plane it just skips over the waves with no slamming. I was extremely impressed.

Now onto the fishing! Anchored at first spot, forgot to release the sleeve from the grapnel, so I had slung it over still retracted!! Moved to another spot where there was a Warrior fishing, and anchored about 50 metres abreast of him. I was using peeler crab as bait, straight away a doggy of about 2LB, rebaited with a massive peeler leaving all his legs and claws on and just removing the shell of his back. Suddenly bang, the rod is bent over, reel in, and it's a bass of about 6LB plus. I had 8 smooth hounds biggest probably 5lb, but plenty of small ones!!

We had the Bass for lunch today, four of us! There was so much there. I am aching all over today, but what a lovely feeling it is. I so enjoyed it. I absolutely love sibbing.

Hopefully we can meet up soon.

Regards

Popeye
Excellent catch,where did you go in the end?
Old 23 May 2011, 17:12   #14

Town: Orpington
Make: Seapro 340HD
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornbackflound View Post
Excellent catch,where did you go in the end?

Hi Thorny,

I went to Minnis Bay. I went out to the green Margate bouy and then motored down towards Margate about half a mile. Where do you catch your Thornie's Thorny.

Popeye
Old 23 May 2011, 19:01   #15

Quote:
Hi Thorny,

I went to Minnis Bay. I went out to the green Margate bouy and then motored down towards Margate about half a mile. Where do you catch your Thornie's Thorny.

Popeye
Nice one ,told ya Minnis bay rocks,i catch the spikey one's around the red bouy,and Grenham Bay i have had smuts over 10lb,great fun on the sib,hook up soon mate,get a set of launching wheels it will be easier getting the boat down to the water,or have you got some?